Repair guides and support for cars, trucks, and SUVs manufactured by GMC.

Oil Pressure Low Stop Engine

My car is 2010 GMC Acadia I see warning light oil pressure light low stop engine so I check oil level and it seems good and heat not increase also

I cannot answer this, but I was googling this because it just happened to me pulling out of the grocery store parking lot! I pulled into another parking spot because it freaked me out. I turned off the engine, then I checked my oil life, which it said 23%. I proceeded to drive back to work (a few miles) and the warning did not come on again.

Wondering if you got any resolution to your issue or if it was just a fluke.

I'm having the same issue! I took it to have it checked out and they recommend replacing the sensor. I plan on having that replaced. I REALLY hope that's all it is. :(

Most Helpful Answer

Naif, Heather M , It very well could be a bad oil pressure sending unit/sensor, but better to be safe then sorry and have it checked out right away. If you hear any noises from engine knocking/ticking or if engine is not performing as usual discontinue starting/driving vehicle as there could be a major problem internally of engine. If driveable have the vehicle scanned for trouble codes to see if a failing oil pressure sensor is the issue and have it replaced. Some of the auto parts suppliers offer free code reading like Pepboys, Nappa, Advanced auto parts,etc and some of the guys are very knowledgeable and may have seen the issue often and put you on the right track.

If it is not the oil pressure sensor it could be a more serious problem like a failing oil pump, plugged/ pick up tube fell off, oil filter plugged, etc etc., a good technician will put a manual oil pressure gage on the engine to verify low oil pressure and then have to diagnose why. Good luck. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

Naif will be eternally grateful.