A swimming pool is a container filled with water intended for swimming or water-based recreation.

motor won't start, just hums

I have an emerson eb654 pool pump. The motor was turned off for cleaning, about 15 minutes. It had been running fine for 3 years. When I went to restart motor, all it will do is hum. motor shaft turns freely with no obstructions. all connections clean and dry. thanks, Rob.

Hi, I am including a link to a troubleshooting guide for pump motors. From what I read it sounds like the starting capacitor is bad. Arrow down to the troubleshooting section. Good luck Ralph

http://www.swimmingpoolparts.net/pool_pu...

very nice link +

Last year, mid season, I had the same problem. The motor seized - most likely bearings.

Since the pump was 10 years old, I opted to replace it. Now I have a quieter, more efficient and cheaper to buy top of the line pump.

The motor turns freely likely it will run if you spin the shaft "Caution" I have cycled the low speed button and it started. Thinking it is start capacitor though I have not located a new one yet

definitely the capacitor

Rob will be eternally grateful.