iPhone 6 rear camera and flash not working

Hi all!

I dropped my phone and replaced the screen. Everything was working fine after the replacement of the screen.

I tried to open the camera app and the only thing I can see is a black screen with the record button etc.

Also when I tried to switch the flashlight on, nothing happened.

The flashlight and camera are 2 different parts, but does the one not work if one is broken?

Hope someone could help me to solve this problem. Thanks in advance!

I'm also facing same problem.. Can I know how you fix that problem.

Thank you.

Hope this may help but you lost that stone ( idk wt v call it ) which is present between camera and flash without that both of them will not work flash and rear camera but front cam should work fine

:)

My camera works fine but the flash/flashlight does not. Can the LED light be replaced. I've been to Apple store and they offered me a new phone for $250. Too much so that I can read a menu in a dark restaurant.

OK after reading all these comments, I'm clearer about my problem. When taking a picture in front of me, flash does not work. When taking a picture of me, flash works. Any ideas on a solution?

hi,

it all worked again after i replaced the rear camera. also the flash was working again.

How much did it cost u to replace the rear cam? i have the same prob as you

not much, I found a replacement on eBay. Around 5-10 USD.

is it true that cam replacement is the solution

Yes Asif, I had success replacing the rear cam in this situation and the phone returned to normal operation.

Is your rear camera plugged in? It is possible that it got unplugged by accident.

Yes, the flex cable is installed correctly.

What does it mean if the flashlight on the iphone works but flash for taking pictures doesn't work?

That is a good question Felix, that would be a different situation.

I had similar issues once with an iPad and lucky me I fixed the issue by restoring the unit. I'd try that before anything else. The other solution would be to re-open the device and make sure you didn't unplug the camera flex cable by accident when you swapped the display assembly.

-Bruno

I restored my phone, but still the same problem. I checked the flex' for both problems, but could not see a problem.

I also share 1 issues

We conducted replace one camera and obtained successful results

camera has become active again .

camera and flash but separate but work together,

if the camera is damaged or broken camera flash not active .

just replace cameras or lights , the problem Plash will be resolved .

no problem

Here is the final solution for (Black Screen Camera),

How do you go about creating the jumper?

Hello mshib0,

Can the ic chip without problems been removed ?

What is the function of this ic chip ?

mshibO

Is this applicable to the iPhone 6 Plus also? What Is that little part called? My 6 plus has no flash or flash light.

What this is doing is removing a power supply chip that generates 2.85V when the camera is on & replacing it with powering the camera all the time directly off the battery (3.6-4.2V) . If that supply chip failing was the problem, this will "fix" it, but at the cost of always burning power and driving the camera with a hotter voltage than it's designed for.

I replaced the ribbon with the flash, sensors, powerbutton + camera. Still no flash. have noticed that the flash sometimes goes on (weak) just like a light. stays on until reboot.

Btw after IOS 10, the camera works - independent of the flash. Thats a good thing , though I still dont have flash or flashligth

Must be the motherf.. bord.

I had a customer come in with an iPhone 6+ who's camera AND flash were not working. I replaced the camera and now the flash works fine.

Which camera did you replace front or rear?

I have iphone 6s+

my rear camera and flash not working

flashlight to

I replace rear camera but still same problem

Both my cameras or flash light don’t work the screen is black but I can watch videos and screen shot pictures save to My library as normal just can’t take pictures or FaceTime

Uas will be eternally grateful.