Released January 2015, The XPS 13 laptop aims to be a MacBook Air competitor, with a "virtually borderless infinity display" and touch-screen upgrade option.

Upgrading the SSD, will it be compatible?

I scrolled through the comments and saw that the required ssd m2 for this laptop (xps 13 2015) would be 80mm NOT the 60mm ones.

So will

Fit in perfectly and run perfectly with the bios and stuff?

My new to upgrading ssds. Would it be as simple as plug and play?

It is currently running ( samsung pm851 with 128gb)

Thanks in advance

Yes. I just completed this exact upgrade just minutes ago. I got an external M2SATA to SATA adapter/enclosure at the same time I bought the new SSD ( - enclosure instructions were horrible). I put the new SSD in the adapter and connected it to one of the laptop USB ports using a SATA to USB adapter I already had ( I wanted to retain the GPT partitioning with the support partitions and found the Samsung Data Migration software inadequate to do this (at least one partition was not recognized). I also looked at EaseUS ToDo, which also did not appear to have the needed capabilities. MiniTools Partition Wizard Free Edition ( performed the migration well. I did a disk clone keeping all partition sizes the same, moving the last, ~7GB, partition to the end of the new drive and then resizing the C:\ drive to consume all of the new space. The clone process took ~1 hour, with a reboot needed to clone the boot partition; I ended up with a 457 GB C:\ drive.

Can I just insert it then and clean install Windows from a bootable usb? I don't have a sata to usb convertor.. And I don't need those filss

I would certainly think so; I can't imagine a scenario in which it would not.

Yong Sheldon will be eternally grateful.