Touchscreen only semi-working after replacement and small artifacts

I just replaced the screen on my 5S, and now the touchscreen barely works. At the passcode screen only 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, leading me to believe that there is a deadzone strip right in the middle of the screen. Also, I have some small artifacting (so small I can't get a good picture of it). It appears there are blocks going horizontally across the screen. Does it seem like my replacement screen is a goner? Or is there possibly anything else causing this? I've checked the connections several times, and I have disconnected and reconnected them to no avail. Thanks for any help!

Fixed it by blowing on the connectors on the phone and reconnecting ribbon cables

Zack Roder will be eternally grateful.