2.2 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz), 2.5 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.7 GHz), or 2.8 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 4.0 GHz) quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 6 MB shared L3 cache.

SSD upgrade on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

I am considering buying a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15", Mid 2015) however am wondering if I can upgrade the current 250gb hd to a 500gb SSD that I have on my current Macbook Pro 13".

Hello.

Re the above question: can you update to 1tb or 2tb for the mid 2015 model?

yes. you can do that.

I successfull upgraded mine to 1TB Samsung 970 Pro 1TB.

See my experience here Please confirm if this PCIe SSD would work with my 2015 system

The mid-2015 Retina MacBook Pro comes only with "PCIe-based flash storage" (a quasi-proprietary card with flash chips soldered onto it, rather than a 2.5-inch form-factor device). Apple offers no HD-based models. So it appears your question is whether you can replace the 256 Gbyte flash card with a 512 Gbyte card. If you can find the higher-capacity card through eBay or a certified Apple repair facility, then yes, with the typical IFixIt methodology and a Pentalobe screwdriver, you can open the case and replace the flash card.

Make sure the flash card is for the right model; supposedly, it's up to twice as fast as the one in the previous model.

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnT967BM... for the location of the flash card at around 3:10.

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/ssd/owc/m...

Works with the following model IDs:

MacBookPro11,1

MacBookPro11,2

MacBookPro11,3

MacBookPro11,4

MacBookPro11,5

MacBookPro12,1

Same question really but for MB Pro 13inch Retina 2015 with force touch (i.e. the one you can get from the apple store now). I'm planning to buy a 128gb version now and would like to upgrade it to 512gb some time in the future ofcourse. When I spoke to people in Apple store - I was told both RAM and SSD are soldered to the board and cannot be replaced. I would like to know if this the case ? Not that I don't trust Apple store support :p

evaluates a sd card to use fusion drive with main ssd

@mayer Just to clarify I posted a question about a 15" 2015 and Hansa Pammler posted about 13" 2013.

I deleted my answer. Please identify your EXACT machine. Go here: MacBook Pro 15" Retina Display Mid 2015 SSD Replacement

Bruno will be eternally grateful.