Complete how to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.

Ribbon #3 connector replacement

I'd bought an iphone on ebay, with proximity broken,i tought that maybe it was just the cable, but when I've opened it, i saw that the ribbon # 3 connector was broken on one side, the phone worked (i could ear calls) but since i've opened it i couldnt ear nothing...i can only use the earphones or the speaker....maybe is just a cable problem, but I thnk is a connector problem, is it possible to replace it in any way?

I replace these connectors daily. Follow my blog for more info. I do this for people all over the internet and if you google my name, you will see that I basically am the grandfather of this repair. No hot air is used, just a small iron, skill, and some special equipment. Shoot me an email and I'll help you out. :)

http://hectordtruong.blogspot.com/

i guess you have a 3g or a 3gs

yes the connector can be replaced - but that a job for a professional.

the connector is (almost) tiny - untrained people with the wrong tools would most likely kill the device during the repair.

you would need for the job a hot air soldering station to desolder the old connector and a smd soldering iron with a very fine tip to solder the new connector to the board (i use for thos things mostly a soldering iron, the hot air could melt the connector ;-) )

maybe you find someone in your area - many cell phone repair shops are able to do that fix

THnx i'll look for someone, after trying a new cable...

Oscar Repetto will be eternally grateful.