The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a multi-touch, slate-format smartphone with eye-tracking ability, increased storage, and a wireless charging option.

Battery percentage going down but its charging

my samsung recently started not charging properly. It is plugged into charge but as i use it the percentage decreases until it goes to 0 and shuts down. i left it in last night to see if the problem was me using it while it was in charger ( even though iv never had a problem with this before) and it only had 83% when i woke up. so i left it in for another hour and it was still on 83, i jiggled the charger then it started charging. What is wrong with my phone, is it the battery or charger.

Phone is fairly new ( 6 months)

Charger is original

Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo

My samsumg galaxy tab 3 charging goes down when i'm playing a game or trying to watch something

Can someone one answer please

my charging goes down while charging I have changed my charger nd usb too still I have facing the same problem plzz help me

My tablet is always going down when im blogging but it still going down untill shut down,but I'm charging it...pls help me out for tis...

I am suffering from same problem, I keept my cellphone in charging a whole last night but it remains in 83%, the red indicator can be seen and the sign of thunder is also visible but the battery is not charging and sometimes the battery percentage goes down, if the phone is fully charged after 2 or 3 minutes it decreases down rapidly.. Please help me what should I do

You said you have to jiggle the charger to get it to work?

If you have to wiggle/jiggle or biggle (my new word:) the charger in the port to get it to charge it's most likely losing connection to the traces on your motherboard. We've seen this a lot on the S3 in my store. If the charging port inside looks normal (no bent pins or damage) its possibly damage to the traces on the motherboard that connects the charging port to the motherboard. Unfortunately when this is the case I recommend another device or motherboard. You would basically need super human eyes to fix this part of the board. Even if you replace the charging port it might be a temporary fix if the connection to motherboard is poor/damaged.

I'd first inspect the inside the the charging port (see if there's any visible damage). I would say try a battery or another cable but if you have to adjust the cable, it prob won't work. I'll upload a picture of what I'm talking about soon.

i have problem my Samsung s4 charging with adapter 1 amp it take 15 hour. and when i put data cable to cpu showing charging but charge level is go down. so now i use different camera adapter 2 amp. please suggest to me

im using Samsung grand prime i bought last week but it give me a problem when it comes to charging it made 70% and they dont want to go up and from the it starting to go down

My Samsung galaxy on5 is not charging properly ok so I plugged it in with a different charger and the battery percentage is decreasing. why is it doing that and how do I fix it

The s3 charge port is part of the motherboard unlike the s2 which were 2 different components

faulty battery , If phone is as old as stated you should have manufacture warranty

My one I got 8 months ago and it only just started to do this even when it's off

Iim having the same problem. I turned off the screen so I could run and grab a different charger and when I came back in less then 1minute Ir went from 3 to 5%

Have you tried a new battery? Original Samsung not aftermarket? Samsung phones don't work well with aftermarket batteries.

Also did you solder on a new charging port?

My galaxy s5 when I charge it it's run down fast and I try a new battery same problem the charger have a burst but I replace it and still the same

my Telstra Slim Plus Phone was on 100% charge on my charger and it is now 76% and it is on charge i've tried to use different phone chargers and it is still going down in battery while it is charging what do i bloody do i need help right now!!

now it is 74% what the !&&*

Even if the traces are damaged you could still repair it. You just need to be super careful and run something conductive through it but supposing you haven't already tried to replace the port. Use a multimeter to test the battery voltage out and see if it matches the battery label. Check your storage and memory usage in the settings - the processor, RAM, etc. might just be running really hard. It's running a pretty run of the mill processing chip, very little RAM and a limited 16GBs of storage.

If you still have no luck - find a shop that won't charge you if they can't fix it or have a warranty of some sort that gives you time to make sure it doesn't fluke out.

Soooo

1. Test Battery
  2. Clear cache, storage, RAM - back up and factory reset if need be or download something like CCleaner
  3. Get port checked and replaced

Please go to Samsung service center without wasting time and spoiling battery.

burgerandfries will be eternally grateful.