Released October 2008 / 2.4, 2.53, 2.66, 2.8 or 2.93 GHz Core 2 Duo Processor

Replaced DC-In Board but battery is still not Charging?

Hey guys,

Replaced my DC-In Board but im still getting NOT CHARGING on my system profiler. So does this mean I have to replace my battery? This question was in part with my other one that asked about the mojito spilling on the top left corner of the laptop.

So i ordered the DC In Board and replaced it. But still not charging. So is it safe to say that I need to buy a new battery?

This could be anywhere from the battery, or the cable connecting the battery to the logic board. Like remacberlin said you should first use coconut battery and see what it says. System profiler could also tell you how much amperage is left in the battery, a healthy batter is anywhere from 4200-5200.

Hope you figure it out.

okay. But I downloaded coconut battery and everytime i open it, it keeps crashing. Why is that?

I couldn't tell you exactly why this is happening. You could just look at your system profiler to see the health of your battery.

Most Helpful Answer

Have you tried coconut battery to check out the health of it?

I downloaded coconut battery but it keeps crashing. It says unexpected error. It keeps popping up when I open it.

I've also replaced DC-in and battery is still not charging... Coconut battery works fine and I also tried to replace the battery but no luck. Even though it happened because of liquid damage, there is no signs of corrosion nor burning on the logic board. Any idea how to fix it?

Fred will be eternally grateful.