This affordable large-screen Android phone sports a 5.7-inch display and large 3,400 mAh battery.

everyone says they can barely hear me

the person who calls me or the person I call all say I sound like Im in a tunnel, adjusting the volume does not help. also some calls I make or receive say HD, why?

were you ever able to solve this issue? i know the mic works the only time i have problems is during calls, i'm disappointed. if there is a fix, please post!

It's because of the placement.... Best thing is to just get a microphone equipped earbuds.... That solves the issue...

I cannot hear when my phone ring I miss all calls and the volume is so low I cannot hear . This phone is no good

Hello ellaray48,

That's mean your mobile operator enabled HD voice facility and i guess that is fault which you experiencing. HD voice working only in 3G/4G network modes. you can solve the issue switch to phone 2G,

setting > More >mobile networks > network settings > enable "Use only 2G networks

Most of HD Voice issue coming from mobile operator and escalate case to them

Cheers!

Tried that and is didn't work, I have the same problem, no one can hear me, but when i used the speaker phone they can hear me just fine, and clues to what can be done ?

I haven't tried the speaker phone, but no one can hear me and I can no longer use Shazam. It worked fine at first. I bought my phone in April and two weeks ago it suddenly stopped working.

I have not had this phone a good month can't anyone hear me!! Help Help!!!

The mic could need to be replaced. More likely than not its a hardware issue with the phone. How long did it work before it started ? And does it always happen now or sometimes not?

Speak into the holes at the top and bottom of phone that's where your mic is. Or clean the area where the holes are they tend to get clogged with dust

Microphone are the holes at the top and bottom of the phone they tend to get clogged with dust. You may use a small pen needle or blow air into the holes. This actually work with my phone which is a ZTE XL.

I was having this problem as well. I checked the microphone with a flashlight (which is the small whole that's at the bottom of the phone, next to the USB port), and I noticed that there was some crap in it. I used a needle and removed it, and that did the trick. People can hear me perfectly now. BUT BE CAREFUL NOT TO GO TOO DEEP WITH THE NEEDLE, you might damage the microphone.

OK when the phone says HD on in notifications double click it then press info then double click it again and force stop it everything works fine for me now

OK guys listen I had the same exact problem with my phone. This is how to fix it permanently. Find where it says HD mode on in the status bar and click it twice holding it down on the second time it will open up and you will see the Android guy and a file name next to the HD file name you will see an ( i ) for more information, click that to open it, now click FORCE STOP the phone will warn you of future problems click OK and your good to go. In a day or two the HD thing will pop back up but will say it is HD ready but the HD is not on and it being on is what is going wrong with your phone

ellaray48 will be eternally grateful.