This affordable large-screen Android phone sports a 5.7-inch display and large 3,400 mAh battery.

everyone says they can barely hear me

the person who calls me or the person I call all say I sound like Im in a tunnel, adjusting the volume does not help. also some calls I make or receive say HD, why?

were you ever able to solve this issue? i know the mic works the only time i have problems is during calls, i'm disappointed. if there is a fix, please post!

It's because of the placement.... Best thing is to just get a microphone equipped earbuds.... That solves the issue...

Most Helpful Answer

Can hear caller but they can't hear me.on zte phone

Can hear caller but they can't hear me on zte phone

How can o replace my mic or clean it atleast?

Hate this phone ... Would never recommend it to anyone !!!

This zte cell phone sucks. Don't never buy this brand phone

Hello ellaray48,

That's mean your mobile operator enabled HD voice facility and i guess that is fault which you experiencing. HD voice working only in 3G/4G network modes. you can solve the issue switch to phone 2G,

setting > More >mobile networks > network settings > enable "Use only 2G networks

Most of HD Voice issue coming from mobile operator and escalate case to them

Cheers!

Tried that and is didn't work, I have the same problem, no one can hear me, but when i used the speaker phone they can hear me just fine, and clues to what can be done ?

I haven't tried the speaker phone, but no one can hear me and I can no longer use Shazam. It worked fine at first. I bought my phone in April and two weeks ago it suddenly stopped working.

I have not had this phone a good month can't anyone hear me!! Help Help!!!

The mic could need to be replaced. More likely than not its a hardware issue with the phone. How long did it work before it started ? And does it always happen now or sometimes not?

Can't hear on my ZTE z max phone does it mean I need a new phone yes our no

kesha before you throw out the phone do some simple checks. 1 make sure its not muted ... it happens . 2 check that you don't have an app running that cancels the sound except for it... it happens. 3 Check the speakers aren't full of lint of anything that blocks sound... it happens 4 make sure your volume control buttons are working . If its not an internal repair is in order 5 try your phone with earphones on does it work with them?. if it does then you may need to replace the speakers

I accidentally left my zte max in my pocket when going to the swimming pool... I dried it up as soon I got out of the pool and it still completely damaged...

Thats normal. Especially if it was immersed. You wont have warranty for this either and will have to replace

You Could Put It In A Bag Of Rice So The Rice Soaks Up The Water For A Week. Thats What I Did With My iPod And It Started Working Again.

Same here, speakerphone is only thing that works. Gonna screenshot this page and ask for a recall or something, I've had cell phones for 20 years & this is the 1st issue of this type I've EVER had. Oh, and if u look at ur instructions the mic is by the rear camera so if u put the phone on ur shoulder there's no chance to be heard. Ugh, smh

If I'm in a phone call, I have to put it on speaker for them to hear me at all. How do I solve this problem without spending money? Need to fix it.

I have had phone less than a week. Worse ever! Loved for 2 days then WTF people say I'm either muffled or echoing that and it will dial multiple numbers while already on a call. Cricket said was probably my sim and provided new one. No help truly bummed not every one can afford pricey phones and $65 was alot 4 me not to mention because of an attack in my past need for safety really wish could get a fix for this

Hi @angelaj96 ,

If you have only had it a week, either take it back to the retailer for a replacement or if the retailer doesn't want to help, (some do and some don't, it depends on 'their'policy regarding warranty service. It is the manufacturer's warranty provisions that count in the end) consult the manufacturer's warranty statement in the documentation that came with the phone as to what to do to make a claim for a manufacturer's warranty repair or replacement. If you can't find the documentation search online for 'ZTE warranty for your country'.

Mine is the opposite... people can hear me but I can't hear what anyone is saying clearly enough to understand them. This phone has given me trouble from the beginning, and now I can't hear what people are saying....never gonna own another ZTE product!

They can't hear me but I can hear them

I can hear other people but they don't hear me

Speak into the holes at the top and bottom of phone that's where your mic is. Or clean the area where the holes are they tend to get clogged with dust

Microphone are the holes at the top and bottom of the phone they tend to get clogged with dust. You may use a small pen needle or blow air into the holes. This actually work with my phone which is a ZTE XL.

I cannot hear on my phone even on speaker phone..... what going on.....

Took mine back it was like the tunnel issue second phone they can't hear me at all.

I was having this problem as well. I checked the microphone with a flashlight (which is the small whole that's at the bottom of the phone, next to the USB port), and I noticed that there was some crap in it. I used a needle and removed it, and that did the trick. People can hear me perfectly now. BUT BE CAREFUL NOT TO GO TOO DEEP WITH THE NEEDLE, you might damage the microphone.

This is probaly because you speak in a sertain way and they speak another way so dont let them judge you.

Score -1

the problem is in the phone, has anyone else had this issue?

Yes I do just got my ZTE Zmax and my friends tell me the same thing

Yes same problem, and now I can Only use speakerphone. My mic isn't working at all which means I can't talk n text either or use Google voice commands.

I wish I could help, but I have the same problem off and on. Sometimes I can hear the other person but they can't hear me...and sometimes they can hear me but I sound "robotic" to them. I hate the day I paid my hard earned cash for this thing

Hi everyone this happen only after update. But after I flash the stock It went just fine ... If you haven't upgraded and still have the problem. Make sure that u uninstall apps from previous when it has started

ellaray48 will be eternally grateful.