Model A1288 / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity

iPod turns on and off while I want it to charge?

my ipod turns off on me when i use it. when i want to charge it, it just turns on and off and it doesn't charge. i been having that problem for a while now and i got mad c cause i dont know what is wrong with the ipod.

Most Helpful Answer

any dropping or fluid damages in the past ?

did you try to charge it with the computer or with the ac adapter ?

what does the ipod show on the screen when you connect it ?

i think you have to replace the battery

that is not helpful

It's not helpful at all

Totally helpful, that's the problem, the battery is dead, to fix the ipod you have to replace it.

It sounds like the battery or 30-pin is at fault.

First, change the battery. This will solve a good chunk of these problems. You can find the guide and part here.

If this doesn't fix the problem, the 30-pin is worn out on the iPod. This can be replaced, but you need to be patient. It isn't for the feint of heart, but anyone who wants to try can probably figure it out. You can see how to remove the motherboard of the iPod here to replace the 30-pin.

Before you even try this, use another cable. 30 pin cables are very flimsy. They break all the time. If it still does it with a different cable, it's the connector on the iPod.

And even if it's just cold solder you'll probably destroy it. You're better off replacing it even if it's just cold solder causing it.

I have never dropped it or had fluid damages. I charge it with the coumputer and the ac adapter. The apple appeares on the screen repeadedly.

if you have a computer and a cord to carge it with plug it to the computer and it will show some things in your storage going wrong have your mom or dad take a look and that may help BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nothing is helpful for anyone you now that right

Heading text''* italic text# [URL|Hit <enter> to insert another list item, and <enter> twice in a row to end the list. To get subitems, repeat the bullet character once for each level of indent you want (e.g. ##)]''

if you have a coputer and cord for your ipod plug it in to the computer and it will show some setting things going wrong have your mom or dad take a look at it this worked for some people not me though BEST ANWSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jgutierrez114 will be eternally grateful.