The fourth iteration of the popular 7" Galaxy Tab line of Samsung tablets.

red x on battery

my Samsung tablet wont charge and there is a red x on the battery logo

Most Helpful Answer

Change the charger and leave few mins to start charging

I had the red x problem with my tab 12.2 even though I was using original/correct 5.3 volt charger and cable (compared to Galaxy Note 4's 5.0 volt charger). The solution that worked for me;

With tablet on and unplugged, hold down power button briefly enough (so not to turn off tablet) to plug in cable, then release power button. No red X. The bummer part is that I need to do that every time I want to plug in power while using. Luckily a very simple solution, but it would be nice if it would just work plugging it in. For me... it use to be able to charge just plugging in, not sure what made that change.

I have a better solution, replace the charging port. I have had no problems since I have replaced it.

Red x problem tried everything only thing that work is the turn off then plug the charge in and it charges .Samsung should fix this soft wear problem

The red x means that you are trying to charge with a charger that reads as a usb cable connected to a computer. So its either you are charging through PC or you need to change the charger

Masalah red X battery tak boleh cas

glenn brady will be eternally grateful.