Logic Board replacement part

Can I purchase a motherboard, unlocked /(from any network or icloud) for use of this device (iphone 5s 16gb) in UK from ifixit ?

Most Helpful Answer

iFixit does sell logic boards. Find them here: iPhone 5s Logic Board

They are, however, carrier locked -- so would not be useful in the UK unless you paid the carrier to unlock them here. If the phone that the logic board was removed from is not under contract, the carriers are required to unlock the board by law. You'd still need to boot the phone to get the serial number in order to ask the carrier to unlock it.

Be careful though -- International phones may require different attennaes than you will find on a stock USA GSM logic board. You may not get proper reception.

iPhone 5s Logic Board Image

Product

iPhone 5s Logic Board

$169.99

I have noticed that many verizon LTE phones , which would include the iPhone 5S do come unlocked for use on other carriers by default. but since ifixit says it is locked to Verizon ,idk I guess not..... also an ATT motherboard can be unlocked for use with other carriers. the sprint motherboard can only be unlocked for use outside the US, and it is more expensive to unlock that an ATT motherboard. Buying the ATT motherbaord and unlocking it should work.

interesting to see that ifixit sells iphone motherbaords.

gerryknoud will be eternally grateful.