The Kenmore Elite HE3 is 7.2 cu. ft. capacity electric dryer by Kenmore.

Kenmore dryer HE3 code E1

Dryer will only run for 2-3 mins on any cycle before shutting down. It throws a code E1. Any ideas?

My dryer does the same thing but does not show a code.is it still the thermistor.

frank, E1 is a Thermistor error. First of course disconnect the power. Then remove the lint filter screen. Remove the two screws from the bottom flange of the toe kick panel. Pull the toe kick panel out at the bottom, pull down, and remove the panel. Remove the screw from the lint duct bracket and remove the bracket. Remove the two screws from the lint duct and remove the duct. You'll find the white thermal fuse on your blower wheel housing, right beside it is the thermistor. Replacing it should eliminate E1. The Whirlpool part number is 8577274 and in the attached image the part is located at position 42

He3 dryer control board burnt out replaced it got E1 code have replaced all sensors and new motor still E1 code anyone help

This answer was originally to another question.

Sorry it's a thermister code. Check your wiring continuity to and from it. Could be a bad part.

Replaced it twice still e1

replaced my thermistor 2 times- still have e 1 code. any ideas?

I have the same problem after changing my electronic control board that I purchased from amazon. initial problem the unit would not heat up no flame or igniter glowing. after checking all items like thermal fuse and thermistor, gas coils i found heater relay not closing on electronic control. numbers all match up thinking my new electronic control may be bad.

Check the heat exhaust for lint clogs and the outdoor lint screen on the side of the house or what have you. Mine hadn’t been unclogged when I replaced the thermistor and burned out the new one. Use a vacuum and screw driver or hanger to get everything unclogged. Just a warning, be prepared for an animal to be caught in the outside part of the vent 0.o

frank will be eternally grateful.