1

Tevin
13

Why wont my iPod turn on?

I was laying in bed listening to my Ipod Shuffle(second generation), when all of a sudden it just stopped playing music. I thought it had died, but when I went to turn it off, the light wasn't blinking red, or at all for that matter. I tried turning it off and then back on, but it still will not turn on. Is there any way to fix this? )=

1

markus weiher

let me quote something from your question:

"I thought it had died"

i think you're right, but you ment that the battery was empty - i think that the battery simply died - as in dead, passed or "moved on" (re-incarnated in a zune battery)

many ipod's are simply dead when the battery dies - the won't be recognized by the computer - as i said - they are dead.

you can order a new battery on ebay - if you order it in china, the will cost around 4$ (tools included).

surely - there is the possibility that there is some othere defect - but replacing the battery is the only thing you can try - everything else would mean to replace the logic board or the whole ipod

0

phillipsmichaela1411
1

I had the same issue and thought to sell it or try to fix it, but quite honestly it is just easier and better to replace it if nothing else is available. The cost to get everything to fix it is going to come close to just getting a new more modern version. Remember to recycle it though if you decide this is best for you.

0

emiyx
1

my ipod is only displayn ok to disconnect what should i do