Repair and disassembly guides and support for dish washing appliances.

The Whirlpool Quiet Partner II Dishwasher will not turn on

I have a Whirlpool Quiet Partner II Dishwasher Model DU1101XTP83. I washed a load of dishes and everything seemed to work fine. When I went to unload the dishes, the green light above the "Normal" touch pad was blinking but the dishes were clean, no standing water in the bottom. I've read thru several of the other posts on this topic but none seem to be the same issue.

I checked the breaker, it was not tripped. I tried turning it off for several minutes. When the power is turned back on, the "Door Lock" indicator light next to the "Heated Dry" button, blinks for about 60 seconds or so, then stops and the "Normal" light starts flashing again. The reset sequences mentioned in the owners manual, as well as those in other posts have had no effect, the only lights that come on are the 2 mentioned.

I tested both door latch microswitches for continuity, they are good. The thermal electronic fuse is good as well although I havent tested for voltage because I'm not sure where to touch the ground probe without causing more damage. I've disconnected each wire to check for any burnt connectors and also checked the control board on both sides for any heat damage or poor solder connections. Everything appears fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Thanks for accepting my answer. What worked?

I wish I had an answer as good as your question. Try unplugging it for 5 minutes to allow it to reset. The idiot lights just don't tell us much. The only thing you may not have checked is an obstructed drain hose.

Firetech will be eternally grateful.