The Officejet is HP's line of office inkjet printers.

How do I fix a printer head

my printer won't print. it says the printer head is broken. It is the kind that does not come out. can you tell me how if I'm able to fix this or do I need to buy a new printer? I just bought this a few months ago it's basically a new printer. I need help please help me!! :)

hp officejet pro 6830

I have only just changed ink (first time) and states ink failure head may be damaged or missing - I purchased a year ago but only used once to print a batch of documents so not impressed have tried everything listed on all pages and so looks like i will have to buy a new one - the support page for HP is rubbish put in all the details and threw me out , have messaged their FB page but waiting a response. Thought it was the ink so on my 4th set which are not cheap either so what a waste of money not impressed and unhappy customer

My black cartridge ran out..fitted a new one... now it won't work...was in warranty when it broke...now it's not. I ran up hp...they hung up on me. I will never buy another hp printer for my office ... Bloody disgraceful Customer service and products...just cheap crap that breaks

I'm also furious. There is no customer service, just these forums. Basically you buy it and you're on your own. Mine constantly says "Printer offline" and I have to reboot. Now I'm having this "printerhead not working" issue. I'll never buy an hp printer again. I'll also warn everyone I know

Read this... support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04839288

Well, I agree with everyone!! Same here. Warranty ran out 1 yr after buying. Now I have printerhead error and it is 5 days out of warranty. Not buying HP again either. C R A P is right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's where to start before contacting HP for warranty support: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-O...

This is a solution, but this is not a way to fix the printer... I hope for more on a website called "I Fix It"... Has anyone taken the printer apart yet to see what makes this print head tick?

I haven't had a chance to try this but this looks promising: http://technicalinstructions.blogspot.co...

Thanks cap! Looks like a great tutorial...

support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04839288 says it all

Update to my printerhead problem after changing the ink 1 time. Warranty had expired and apparently theres a recall on certain serial numbers. So i gotta replacement and mailed mi e back all at no charge

Hi folks, the printhead on the Officejet Pro 6830 is not replaceable. If you see an error about a Problem with the Printhead please contact HP Support for a replacement printer.

Click on the Contact Support section at the top of this link

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04...

Ciara

as I wrote on another post that this is what worked for me / so this is the right answer in my mind... I have an HP 6830... got the infamous printhead error...

clicking the link you wrote, I then clicked the "'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)." (= http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04... ') since I reside in Israel, and sent my details in. I got an e-mail with the phone number of a local HP support enter, and after providing them with a 'proof of purchase' (copy on the invoice / receipt), they told me my warranty is extended to 3 years, and came to pick up the faulty printer last week. Hope it will be back from repair soon, and I will be happy again.

Thanks for the help !

Arik

Printer is back from repair as is working like a charm. HP extended my warranty, so I have more than 1.5 years left. Hope it will not happen again

Like all new products, when they were made here in the US they continued to work perfectly long after the warranty was out. Now they are made in China and like everything we import from them, put together with cheap parts and labor. Not designed to last but to make you go buy a new one.

I have a pinhead problem. No-one from HP has responded to my problem.

I'm ready to try something else.

Welcome to the club! There is a chronic problem with this printer's printhead. HP will send you another one and it will fail soon also. I am on my 2nd one now. Each of them lasted about 6 months.

The REAL problem is an over sensitive method of determining that there is a problem with the printhead. This is why I know this to be true. Both times, I was able to get the printer working again, several times, for a little while by restarting the printer and/or removing and replacing the cartridges. Every time I got it working again it printed PERFECTLY until it cam up with the message again. So therefore, there is either nothing wrong with the print head or whatever is actually wrong with it is so minor it doesn't matter.

SOLUTION: HP should (but probably never will) update the firmware over the internet to prompt us if we want to print anyway. Then if the printer prints fine, everybody's happy. If not, then there really is a problem that needs to be fixed.

If it's only a few months old it should still be under warranty. Take it up with the vendor, Fixing the print head yourself is unlikely to be feasible.

Best Buy does not repair printers.

I bought the printer in July 2015 from Costco. Guess I'll just buy another one. Very disappointing.

I rang HP Support and they sent a replacement printer even though my printer was out of warranty. The printer head fault is one that they have taken responsibility for and are very willing to replace free of charge.

I too have purchased an hp 6830 printer and am receiving printhead issue messages. This is ridiculous that HP would put something on the market so unreliable! We rely heavily on your devices for work, schooling and may other business and personal needs. I will NEVER purchase your products again. I will be sure to tell others of the poor quality! Very disappointed. L. Lomax

Virtually new printer with the same problem as all other comments listed here. Obviously a very inferior product that shouldn't be on the market. This printer has not even printed 100 pages and is already due for replacement !!

Extremely disappointed in the quality and longevity of HP.

Certainly wont make the same purchasing mistakes again.

i found this is easy fix . you may just need to do some adjustments to fix your printer head

please just clean the print head carefully and make sure the ink is not dry and and follow

this steps by step Guide to fix the Print Head Step by Step and this may help you

Hello, the printhead on the Officejet Pro 6830 is not replaceable. If you see an error about a Problem with the Printhead please contact HP Support for a replacement printer.

@sabbyannlynn refrain from copying answer posted by other users (Ciara B and Bruce Taylor ). You are not adding anything to the solution but make yourself look bad by copying. I am sure that is not what you want. Try the delete button for your answer to make it go away.

Just tell HP, if it's a 6830 they will replace free of charge warranty or not.

I am on my 3rd one now, they do not ask any questions apart from asking to verify the error and your serial number. They always come with new ink and they have been brilliant about admitting they have a faulty product and replacing thousands and thousands of them. All credit to HP I reckon

My wife called HP and they said they had a batch of the printer heads go bad on the 6830 and 6835 which we had. So they sent us a rebuilt 6830 in November and it's been fine. They took her credit card number to insure they got old one back and a return Fedex label and you have 2 weeks to send it back. I have to say kudos to them considering ours was past the one year warranty.

Relax, Jill Kraham. Try this method.Remove and clean the printhead and then reinstall it.Follow these steps:

1. Turn OFF the printer

2. Open the cartridge access do

3. Remove all cartridge(Remember one thing don't leave the cartridge outside the printer more than 30 min)

4. Lift the latch handle

5. Remove printhead

6. Clean the printhead(Clean it with lint-free cloth and paper)

Jill Kraham will be eternally grateful.