An uninterruptible power supply, also uninterruptible power source, UPS or battery/flywheel backup, is an electrical apparatus that provides emergency power to a load when the input power source, typically mains power, fails.

UPS is constantly quick beeping and shutting down

My UPS is a Fenton Model: P600E SN: 2050301395

It has run for about 12-15 years without a hiccup or a problem.

Was away from the office with the UPS running the computer, Screen, Modem, Standard Speakers;

When I went back the computer was shut down as was the UPS system.

Powered on the UPS and it shut down seconds later with a fast beeping.

Checked out the power supply to the UPS unit and found it was working okay.

Disconnected all the out put lines from the UPS and turned the UPS unit back on, it run for a bout 2 seconds started a fast beeping then turned off.

I Have the user manual for this unit but can't find it at the moment.

Any ideas other than blowing taps over the unit and struggle to buy a new one.

I firmally believe in the saving power of a uPS bsystem.

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

I guess its time to replace battery. before replacement check the battery capacity. in any reason output get short circuit UPS act like that. check it too..

^^^ what Buddhika said! Replace the battery.

Mine is brand new out of box,2nd 1 in 2-weeks

If you've properly connected the battery from its shipping position then I would focus on your electrical outlet you are using. Get an cheap outlet tester to make sure its properly wired and you may need an electrician to repair it and/or check the breaker panel the outlet is wired to. Make sure the ground service for the building is properly connected and in good working order.

Most Helpful Answer

Here's a suggestion that I received from APC tech support:

Do a "brain-dead reset" (their terminology, not mine).

Unplug the unit (and all devices connected to it).

Disconnect the battery (one terminal will do).

Press and hold the power button for 20-30 seconds.

That's all there is to it! Can't guarantee that it'll work for your problem, but it worked for me, and I had a similar-sounding problem.

I had the same issue and it worked.

Disconnecting one battery terminal Worked like a charm thanks never would have thought happened after a GFI tripped Beep sounded turned red plugged back single + battery wire and BINGO

I'm having a similar problem. I've replaced the battery, but the ups still turns off on its own. But it doesn't kick over to the backup battery.

I have the same problem. New out of box, shuts down & beeps Battery test good . This is the 2nd one in 2-weeks

I had a same problem. I did an experiment. I saw that when I connected the ups to power supply via voltage stabilizer and this sound will stopped at a specific voltage ~235-240 volt. Now I'm using a voltage stabilizer with ups. It's also start beeping at high voltage as well at low voltage but works well within the said limit. I don't know what's the exact reason. I think Something is faulty in the circuit board.

Change the clamps. hope it solve the issue. Because most of the time they are corroded and current was not passing properly through it.

chris Johnson will be eternally grateful.