Repair and disassembly guides for GE Microwave ovens.

How can I fix or replace the door handle of my microwave?

I have a GE Spacemaker XL Microwave oven Model JVM1340WW 002 mfg. Oct.1996. The lower part of the handle broke away from the screw that attaches it to the door of the microwave oven. I tried gluing it with "Goop" but that didn't last very long. The handle is still firmly attached by the upper screw, but I don't know how long that will work.

I've been gluing and epoxying... I could've sworn I wrote this! lol So glad you asked and there was a good answer.

Hi there!

I found a couple tutorials for similar microwaves, hopefully they at least give you an idea of how to start!

Here's a youtube video guide for handle replacement, and a blog guide showing handle replacement on a standard spacesaver. (Also here's the user manual that has some support phone numbers). Best of luck!

The blog was super helpful! I didn't even think that handle was replaceable. Thank you so much for posting!!

Thanks! With this information i was able to replace the door handle. Sounds like a common problem with the product but since it's 1996, and I've never had a problem, if the door handle is all that's broke, this is a good product. It's holding up great.

tlc8216 will be eternally grateful.