An automatic drip coffee maker, manufactured beginning in 2010, by Mr. Coffee. Also identified by model numbers BVMC-SJX36GT and BVMC-SJX36GTWM.

Why does water leak at the base of my coffee maker?

.

Is the leakage onto the warming plate or onto the counter and approximately how much are you talking about. Also when is it leaking? Is it leaking coffee or water?

Well, without further information I can point you to a number of things.

If coffee: It is likely your decanter is off center during brewing. Additionally, if you own a glass decanter, it's possible that it is cracked and leaking. If this is the case, you may want to replace with a metal thermal decanter that is more resistant to that kind of damage.

If water, there are several things that could be going on. Your first step may be to visit the Troubleshooting page for this device as it has several causes for water around the base. Many users experience cracked water tubing in these types of coffee makers regardless of brand, so that is something you should definitely check.

It is one of the two hoses that is split. This is my second coffee maker within the last year and a half. I threw the first one away without even looking at it to determine what the problem was on the coffee maker last year. Today I decided to take the bottom off and take a look. I found one of the hoses had split. We are having to buy another coffee maker tonight.

Tamar Lifton will be eternally grateful.