The Ryobi P202 part of the Ryobi One+ series. This model is an 18-volt cordless 1/2 inch drill, and is bright green and grey in color. It has a built in level gauge and a two gear ratio switch on the top of the drill, along with a direction switch, magnetic tray, and drill bit clip.

Why is the drill wobbling when in use?

When I use the drill to drive or remove screws, the drill shakes at different rates depending on the speed that I am drilling. There symptoms occur in both the clockwise and counter-clockwise direction. What should I do to repair this drill.

Make sure the bit is all the way in the hole and centered after tightening the chuck. Also make sure the bit is not bent. Power up the drill and put your finger on it where the smooth part is (if you can) to see if it is vibrating.

Most Helpful Answer

Check and make sure the gears are tight. The Ryobi manual has some good instructions on how to fix it.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/143164/...

The drill wobbling while in use may be caused by several factors. Make sure that the gearbox and motor are lined up by following the Ryobi P202 Motor Replacement Guide. In addition, ensure that the bit is correctly placed and centered in the chuck after tightening it. This could also be evident of a bent chuck and may require replacement.

Joseph Eckstein will be eternally grateful.