This affordable large-screen Android phone sports a 5.7-inch display and large 3,400 mAh battery.

How do I fix the sound on my phone?

The media and all the ringers are all not working even though it says it isn't on silent. When I plug in the headphones, then it works and its the only way I can watch videos.

My speaker is not working how do I do it if u got urs to work...please... Thanks a bunch

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever get it fixed

I got the same problem

I had to install an app called SoundAbout from playstore.

When I make call people on other end can hear me but I can't hear them, volume is all the way up and when I get call it only vibrates

it seems to be your main speaker (Ringer) faulty. you may have to replace it

How do I do that ?

you can get an idea how to teardown it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BBCf1pp...

did you ever figure it out???

I replaced my speaker and it still isn't working what can I do now

Backup all data and reset the phone. check whether speaker back to working condition, otherwise you have to check audio out/ amp section carefully

Turn Bluetooth on and off

checkout this post as it did help me https://fixingblog.com/fix-no-sound-comi...

Worked like a charm thanks bud

Was having same issue.. Came here for answers...saw a thread that said turn Bluetooth on and back off....worked for me...

Thank you I'll try that

Wirked like a charm wow

Friends i think i got it fixed . just try these steps i read online on here Guide to fix phone sound Problem read carefully .

Just restart the phone

try updating the phone software

Try Safe mode and unintall any sound blocking application

at last reset your phone

I have a zte Android phone on button on right side. Volume on left side how do I turn volume down when talking on phone

I have a zte zmax. Have had problems with the speaker functions. Turning the phone off and on a few times has fixed it every time.

it's worked for me too!

@mayer @pccheese @gigabit87898 Gentlemen. I urge you to review your votes regarding conversion of answers to question. In the votes on this particular thread, I am absolutely against this. The ones you have marked for conversion are answers, not comments. They may be repetitious but those are still answers. Use your voting powers to downvote those that you feel are not adding any more value to this, but do keep in mind that they are answers. Moderation is not censorship! It is not about what we think an answer should be like. I would advice you to reverse those mod votes.

Boys, I voted against almost everyone of these edits. Please respect that Mike and i have the same number of hours in the day that you do. If we're in here cleaning the toilet, we don't have time to answer questions. Please try to call us in on things that really matter. You are asking us to judge jay walking instead of murder cases and the docket is getting overloaded.

I have a brand new ZTE Axon. The sound just turned off on its own for no reason. I tried a bunch of things in this thread but nothing worked.

Then I hit my phone against my lap a couple of times and the sound came right back on...

Lol, I tried everything and this was the only thing that worked Thanks!

that fixed mine too, nothing else would work factory reset, dolby, pwer on and off none of it. Smacked it on my han an lap a couple times front an back an now it works

LMAO!!!! It worked

I can't believe it I was trying to fix my phone for two hours update and all and I got so mad cause I thought I would have to do a factory reset and loose my pictures and I hit my phone and there it was my volume lol unbelievable lol thanks guys

Anyone could identify where to hit the phone? Do you have the Dolby activated? I let it fall to the sofa and it sounds for 1 second or less and then back to silence. So it seems it works, you know what part of the phone you hit? Thanks

these answers were not helpful. I have had my phone for 2 months and I simply do not believe my speaker needs replacing. And the link lead to how to fix a cracked screen.

Y is this so hard I had my phone for a month this is crazy I'm tired of the headphones

I too have had my phone only 2 months and today is the first day the alarm volume isn't working.. Has anyone figured this issue out. It's so frustrating and not to mention a new phone shouldn't be having this issue...

All my sounds quit working on my zte. For 2 days me and my daughter tried everything on sounds and settings. It would only operate through Bluetooth or speakers. I stuck a toothpick in the tiny hole on the left side and presto....all my sounds are back!!! So excited! I do not have the money for a new phone right now. I hope this helps someone else!!!!

I need to fix my zte camera volume

Yea it can only work when i put my headphones it

Figured it out y'all! ZteMax go to the Dolby Audio , power it ON! Worked for me when nothing else has. It's an app built into the phone.

The volume in my YouTube and other apps has been super low, haven't had problems with phone calls or ringer volume. So if your having prooplems with the volume for multimedia try turning on the Dolby Audio app.

Thank you! Dolby setting fixed it.

Check if power saver is on. That worked for me.

My zte grandma Z787 on and off speakers is extremely low sound volume. This phone normally had the cleaest and loud tone. What can I do? Plus I tried opening it up to take battery out for a few seconds but I can't. Even get the door open last time I end up destroying one just like this and getting new one. So I can't take the back OFF HELP I LOVE THIS PHONE.

My Zte is without sound how can I fix these problem? Thanks

When did this start to happen is it after update or flashing a custom ROM.

I'll say root your phone and flash it with stock ROM and everything will be just fine

Back up all your apps, messages, files, downloads and photos to your Google account or to an SD Card and do a manufacturers reset. This usually corrects the problem. Otherwise there may be a hardware malfunction.

Big have tried all this, on thing that worked is factory reset, well I've already done this twice and now a week after the last one, it's doing it again. This is a brand new phone. What the devil is wrong with it. I am in hospital and can't get anyone to take it to the store, so what now????????

I turned mine completely off, waited a few seconds and turned it back on. Fixed it. Hod power button down until you get the box to power off. Then hold power button down to turn back on.

turn on bluetooth power phone off with power menu . . . power on turn off bluetooth . . . you may need to do this a couple of times 2-4 . . . you may need to leave phone off each time for up to a minute . . . worked for me

I just hit my phone a couple times and it came on... I have a zte zmaz pro FRESH out the box unfortunately...

I tried turning the phone on and off, but it didn't work. I tried turning the bluetooth on and off, but that didn't work either. I tried hitting the phone against my lap, the sound came back on immediately -_-

I've had my phone for 2 weeks...

This just worked for me and I only had to do it once, Thank you !!!

Thanks this worked didn't have to bang phone on anything. But this was my next step.

But my volume isn't on mute it all the up so how can I get it to work

I'm having this same problem but when I put my headphones in it makes my vidios go really slow and the sound doesn't work it just makes a ticking sound my volume only works when I'm on the cell phone talking to someone

Yes that's problem

I'm having

Need to do a factory reset. I had same issue checked everything nothing was off. Alarm would not sound.Factory reset did the trick-Although, the sound is back this cell is low when listening to callers. It has been like that out of the box. Hard to listen to calls while inside a car or outside with surrounding noises. Awful

Try turning the Dolby sound on, my phone got quiet (it's not even 2 months old) I turned that on n it's alot louder now!

So sad none of these has worked for me

I had the same problem with zte maven, i just restarted it and everything was ok. The issue is a bug somewhere in the phone. I'm thinking to change phone cuz it have serious problems when i want to listen to music... The sound is too high, no equalizer, Dolby doesn't work, no music players can play normally

I have the same exact problem. I can't even hear it ring either. I can only hear it if there are headphones plugged in!

Can't hear incoming calls

Phone want ring

HARD RESET/

full restore....... is the only fix i can find...its like the system thinks the sound is being used by another app

I lose my sound but when I shut it down for 2 minutes and then I turn it back on l get my sound back.

The only way to hear the phone is toplug the voice head phones

Ok so I have a Straight Talk ZTE Atrium and when my Mom calls me. She can not hear me at all and I was wondering how do I fix that so that she can hear me.

My speakers not working even when I put earphones in it still won't I don't know how to fix this I've tried everything

How you here the sound

How to make the intercom work on my cell and ringer

I have the same problem what do I do

FYI JUST A REMINDER.. IF YOU PURCHASED THIS PHONE NEW FROM METRO YOU AUTOMATICALLY HAVE A ONE YEAR WARRANTY. IF U GO THE METRO PCS CORPORATE STORE NEAREST YOU THEY WILL CHECK IT OUT AND MOST LIKELY JUST PROVIDE YOU WITH A NEW PHONE ENTIRELY. I have never had any issues when I had to do this myself on 2 previous phones I purchased. They haven't hassled me, they did not try to cause any issue with the replacement phone. They actually seemed as if it's easier for both parties to just replace a phone that has pretty much any issue. I absolutely love this bonus.. I actually am thinking about going to do this with this phone as well. Why not!! I'm TOTALLY sick of buying different orifices and getting cheated in some way.. This send to happen fast to often. I want what I was guaranteed when I purchased this phone. There is a $15.00 dollar cost for shipping and handling to the actual store location it a $30.00 cost if you rather have it makes directly to your home. I have had them ship it to the store to save me money and again not an issue at all never late..

Yes with headset it sound good but without headset it doesn't sound

Hi guys.

Chances are you have inadvertently put your phone into a "no interruptions state".

To fix this, simply press the volume control on the side of your phone.

A window should show on the top of your screen, use the icons to change from 'NONE' to 'ALL'

I hope this helps guys

N

Still not working tried everything

My sound isn't working I can't listen to music on Facebook or YouTube or any music by phone can you help

How do I fix the sound

Zte Max turn on Dolby Audio app. It's a built in app in the phone. Power it on and it has worked really well for me. Try and lets findout if it works for you too.

Tried this, no sound still

Here are a few screen shots.

How do I fix my volume on my ZTE max my sound is so low I can't hear my phone sometimes

What happens when your sound turns low on your phone

No sound no sound no sound no sound no sound, tried everything in the messages and still no sound really tired of factory resetting my phone, everytime

I had this problem and found two things to help.

Check the volume. There two volume controls as others have mentioned... One in phone settings and another in alarm settings. I also deleted all the Previously set alarms and added a new one.. So far thats working for me.

I have a ZTE Grand™ X Max 2 and when I'm making a phone call or someone calls me I have to have the phone on speaker or they won't be able to hear me. It's really annoying. How can I fix it?!

I used a small needle in mine and it cleared what ever was blocking it out and it works great now.

By the way the phone was a ZTE LEVER

My phone don't ring loud or vibration while ring loud

Stephanie Jones, you have posted your question as a comment, RE POST make model # and your complete question, so we at iFixit can answer your question effectively. Include all details. good luck.

Why my phone so low ringing Ang vibration

I got the same problem. I need HELP!!!!

MY volume not working on my phone

My ZTE phone volume is low and I can not hear my alarm go off in the morning so how can I fix it my phone ring very low where I cannot her no body call me can you please help me

Turn Bluetooth on my friend had this problem since she had her Bluetooth turnt of and as soon as she put it back on it worked again:)

All l can do is talk on speaker phone l can't hear out the phone it's self

I went into my app settings to clear the cache & one of the apps would not clear it was stuck @ 0.00. I uninstalled the app & my phone begin to ring again.

Plug in a headphone and slowly remove it. Turn off the phone and turn it on after 5 minutes. Then check it out ;)

I need help that what mine is doing I just got this phone about last week

I want to turn up The volume on my phone

Help me I'm trying to turn up the volume on my phone but can't can I help me?

Can someone help me

Please someone

Had to do factory reset and power off and back on...make sure you know your Google password first

The sound id not lound.

I drop my ZTE phone in the grass then seen that the YouTube and music sounds keep stopping after playing

My headphones isn't available what I do.

My phone volume is off

Hello yes when I make a call or if someone calls me that can't hear me but I can hear them well I have a ZTE grand x max 2 and I want to know how to make my voice volume go higher thank u

They can't hear me

Do the following

•Plug in a headphone or earphone and slowly remove it.

•Turn off the phone and turn it on after 5 minutes or more.

*Then try to play music or call someone

:)

I want to make my speakers loud on my Android phone

Why do my ZTE zMax pro phone sound comes in and sound ? I play a game, I hear the sound at first then the sound goes off while I'm playing my game.

My ZTE Max XL is only 3 weeks old and speaker went out. Didn't drop it or get it wet. Headphones work perfectly fine when I unplug them the phone's speaker is quiet. I have tried everything on this thread and nothing is working.

volume problem also for zte max

I switched it off then took the battery out and put it back in and restarted the phone, it started working again.

Your phone speaker was comes in company so you cannot do anything. My opinion is go to near good shop of mobile repairing.

I can hear the person but they can't here me what to do

The problem may with the ringer. otherwise, got to settings, find sound and select volume. you have have set the specific volume to min. increase the volume in that try.

Can you tell me where my audio system is recording?

I drove my phone and broke a piece if the screen out now my speaker ant worken

Reboot the phone I just did it and it worked

THIS FIXED MINE..

My volume was fine on my zte zmax pro until my phone auto updated then it was so quiet i could barely hear it, i was late for work because i didnt hear my alarms and everything. but doing this fixed mine and its back to normal.

STEP 1: POWER OFF PHONE

STEP 2 PRESS AND HOLD THE POWER BUTTON AND THE VOLUME BUTTON UNTIL THE ZTE SCREEN POPS UP AND RELEASE

STEP 3: HOLD THE VOLUME DOWN BUTTON UNTIL A TECH SCREEN SHOWS UP AND HIT THE VOLUME DOWN BUTTON TO GO TO THE OPTION THAT SAYS " WIPE CACHE PARTITION" PRESS THE POWER BUTTON TO SELECT IT WILL ASK YOU IF YOURE SURE THAT IT CANT BE UNDONE, USE POWER BUTTON TO SELECT YES AND THEN WAIT UNTIL IT SAYS CACHE WIPE COMPLETE AND USE POWER BUTTON TO SELECT "REBOOT NOW"

YOUR PHONE WILL REBOOT AND SOUND WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL. THIS DIDNT AFFECT ANYTHING ELSE ON MY PHONE EXCEPT MY VOLUME I STILL HAVE ALL CONTACTS PICTURES, APPS, ETC.

I HOPE THIS HELPS YALL, PLEASE SELECT HELPFUL IF IT WORKED FOR YOU!

It still dont work still have to turn on my speaker to hear

Didnt work for me still have to use the speaker to hear

Right i did the same got %#*@ thing in guess wat it worked

I say you use headphones and maybe the sound will work

Cannot get the sound working

How do.i get sound working again

It doesn't work with headphones either

I have the same problem. Anytime I use the auxiliary Jack when I unplug whatever device I was using from the Jack I have no sound. But if I just restart my phone after I unplug the headphones the sound comes back. But I have to restart every time I use the auxiliary Jack. Hope that works for you.

So first you will power off your zte hold down the power buton and teh volume up it wll come up wth options clck clear data/reboot you will follw the steps provided unfortuantlty it will delete all pictures but will fix the sound. All apps will be able to get redownloaded

buy a new phone that will help you.

Score -1

Jamie Duque will be eternally grateful.