This affordable large-screen Android phone sports a 5.7-inch display and large 3,400 mAh battery.

How do I fix the sound on my phone?

The media and all the ringers are all not working even though it says it isn't on silent. When I plug in the headphones, then it works and its the only way I can watch videos.

My speaker is not working how do I do it if u got urs to work...please... Thanks a bunch

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever get it fixed

I got the same problem

I had to install an app called SoundAbout from playstore.

When I make call people on other end can hear me but I can't hear them, volume is all the way up and when I get call it only vibrates

it seems to be your main speaker (Ringer) faulty. you may have to replace it

How do I do that ?

you can get an idea how to teardown it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BBCf1pp...

did you ever figure it out???

I replaced my speaker and it still isn't working what can I do now

Backup all data and reset the phone. check whether speaker back to working condition, otherwise you have to check audio out/ amp section carefully

Turn Bluetooth on and off

checkout this post as it did help me https://fixingblog.com/fix-no-sound-comi...

Worked like a charm thanks bud

Was having same issue.. Came here for answers...saw a thread that said turn Bluetooth on and back off....worked for me...

Thank you I'll try that

Wirked like a charm wow

Friends i think i got it fixed . just try these steps i read online on here Guide to fix phone sound Problem read carefully .

Just restart the phone

try updating the phone software

Try Safe mode and unintall any sound blocking application

at last reset your phone

I have a zte Android phone on button on right side. Volume on left side how do I turn volume down when talking on phone

I have a zte zmax. Have had problems with the speaker functions. Turning the phone off and on a few times has fixed it every time.

it's worked for me too!

@mayer @pccheese @gigabit87898 Gentlemen. I urge you to review your votes regarding conversion of answers to question. In the votes on this particular thread, I am absolutely against this. The ones you have marked for conversion are answers, not comments. They may be repetitious but those are still answers. Use your voting powers to downvote those that you feel are not adding any more value to this, but do keep in mind that they are answers. Moderation is not censorship! It is not about what we think an answer should be like. I would advice you to reverse those mod votes.

Boys, I voted against almost everyone of these edits. Please respect that Mike and i have the same number of hours in the day that you do. If we're in here cleaning the toilet, we don't have time to answer questions. Please try to call us in on things that really matter. You are asking us to judge jay walking instead of murder cases and the docket is getting overloaded.

I have a brand new ZTE Axon. The sound just turned off on its own for no reason. I tried a bunch of things in this thread but nothing worked.

Then I hit my phone against my lap a couple of times and the sound came right back on...

Lol, I tried everything and this was the only thing that worked Thanks!

that fixed mine too, nothing else would work factory reset, dolby, pwer on and off none of it. Smacked it on my han an lap a couple times front an back an now it works

LMAO!!!! It worked

I can't believe it I was trying to fix my phone for two hours update and all and I got so mad cause I thought I would have to do a factory reset and loose my pictures and I hit my phone and there it was my volume lol unbelievable lol thanks guys

Anyone could identify where to hit the phone? Do you have the Dolby activated? I let it fall to the sofa and it sounds for 1 second or less and then back to silence. So it seems it works, you know what part of the phone you hit? Thanks

Check if power saver is on. That worked for me.

When did this start to happen is it after update or flashing a custom ROM.

I'll say root your phone and flash it with stock ROM and everything will be just fine

Back up all your apps, messages, files, downloads and photos to your Google account or to an SD Card and do a manufacturers reset. This usually corrects the problem. Otherwise there may be a hardware malfunction.

Big have tried all this, on thing that worked is factory reset, well I've already done this twice and now a week after the last one, it's doing it again. This is a brand new phone. What the devil is wrong with it. I am in hospital and can't get anyone to take it to the store, so what now????????

I turned mine completely off, waited a few seconds and turned it back on. Fixed it. Hod power button down until you get the box to power off. Then hold power button down to turn back on.

turn on bluetooth power phone off with power menu . . . power on turn off bluetooth . . . you may need to do this a couple of times 2-4 . . . you may need to leave phone off each time for up to a minute . . . worked for me

I just hit my phone a couple times and it came on... I have a zte zmaz pro FRESH out the box unfortunately...

I tried turning the phone on and off, but it didn't work. I tried turning the bluetooth on and off, but that didn't work either. I tried hitting the phone against my lap, the sound came back on immediately -_-

I've had my phone for 2 weeks...

This just worked for me and I only had to do it once, Thank you !!!

Thanks this worked didn't have to bang phone on anything. But this was my next step.

Need to do a factory reset. I had same issue checked everything nothing was off. Alarm would not sound.Factory reset did the trick-Although, the sound is back this cell is low when listening to callers. It has been like that out of the box. Hard to listen to calls while inside a car or outside with surrounding noises. Awful

Try turning the Dolby sound on, my phone got quiet (it's not even 2 months old) I turned that on n it's alot louder now!

HARD RESET/

full restore....... is the only fix i can find...its like the system thinks the sound is being used by another app

FYI JUST A REMINDER.. IF YOU PURCHASED THIS PHONE NEW FROM METRO YOU AUTOMATICALLY HAVE A ONE YEAR WARRANTY. IF U GO THE METRO PCS CORPORATE STORE NEAREST YOU THEY WILL CHECK IT OUT AND MOST LIKELY JUST PROVIDE YOU WITH A NEW PHONE ENTIRELY. I have never had any issues when I had to do this myself on 2 previous phones I purchased. They haven't hassled me, they did not try to cause any issue with the replacement phone. They actually seemed as if it's easier for both parties to just replace a phone that has pretty much any issue. I absolutely love this bonus.. I actually am thinking about going to do this with this phone as well. Why not!! I'm TOTALLY sick of buying different orifices and getting cheated in some way.. This send to happen fast to often. I want what I was guaranteed when I purchased this phone. There is a $15.00 dollar cost for shipping and handling to the actual store location it a $30.00 cost if you rather have it makes directly to your home. I have had them ship it to the store to save me money and again not an issue at all never late..

Hi guys.

Chances are you have inadvertently put your phone into a "no interruptions state".

To fix this, simply press the volume control on the side of your phone.

A window should show on the top of your screen, use the icons to change from 'NONE' to 'ALL'

I hope this helps guys

N

Still not working tried everything

Zte Max turn on Dolby Audio app. It's a built in app in the phone. Power it on and it has worked really well for me. Try and lets findout if it works for you too.

Tried this, no sound still

I had this problem and found two things to help.

Check the volume. There two volume controls as others have mentioned... One in phone settings and another in alarm settings. I also deleted all the Previously set alarms and added a new one.. So far thats working for me.

I used a small needle in mine and it cleared what ever was blocking it out and it works great now.

By the way the phone was a ZTE LEVER

Turn Bluetooth on my friend had this problem since she had her Bluetooth turnt of and as soon as she put it back on it worked again:)

I went into my app settings to clear the cache & one of the apps would not clear it was stuck @ 0.00. I uninstalled the app & my phone begin to ring again.

Plug in a headphone and slowly remove it. Turn off the phone and turn it on after 5 minutes. Then check it out ;)

Had to do factory reset and power off and back on...make sure you know your Google password first

Do the following

•Plug in a headphone or earphone and slowly remove it.

•Turn off the phone and turn it on after 5 minutes or more.

*Then try to play music or call someone

:)

I switched it off then took the battery out and put it back in and restarted the phone, it started working again.

Can't remove Max Pro battery

Your phone speaker was comes in company so you cannot do anything. My opinion is go to near good shop of mobile repairing.

The problem may with the ringer. otherwise, got to settings, find sound and select volume. you have have set the specific volume to min. increase the volume in that try.

Reboot the phone I just did it and it worked

THIS FIXED MINE..

My volume was fine on my zte zmax pro until my phone auto updated then it was so quiet i could barely hear it, i was late for work because i didnt hear my alarms and everything. but doing this fixed mine and its back to normal.

STEP 1: POWER OFF PHONE

STEP 2 PRESS AND HOLD THE POWER BUTTON AND THE VOLUME BUTTON UNTIL THE ZTE SCREEN POPS UP AND RELEASE

STEP 3: HOLD THE VOLUME DOWN BUTTON UNTIL A TECH SCREEN SHOWS UP AND HIT THE VOLUME DOWN BUTTON TO GO TO THE OPTION THAT SAYS " WIPE CACHE PARTITION" PRESS THE POWER BUTTON TO SELECT IT WILL ASK YOU IF YOURE SURE THAT IT CANT BE UNDONE, USE POWER BUTTON TO SELECT YES AND THEN WAIT UNTIL IT SAYS CACHE WIPE COMPLETE AND USE POWER BUTTON TO SELECT "REBOOT NOW"

YOUR PHONE WILL REBOOT AND SOUND WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL. THIS DIDNT AFFECT ANYTHING ELSE ON MY PHONE EXCEPT MY VOLUME I STILL HAVE ALL CONTACTS PICTURES, APPS, ETC.

I HOPE THIS HELPS YALL, PLEASE SELECT HELPFUL IF IT WORKED FOR YOU!

I say you use headphones and maybe the sound will work

Cannot get the sound working

I have the same problem. Anytime I use the auxiliary Jack when I unplug whatever device I was using from the Jack I have no sound. But if I just restart my phone after I unplug the headphones the sound comes back. But I have to restart every time I use the auxiliary Jack. Hope that works for you.

My media volume isn't working even when I use my headphones. How do I fix this?

So first you will power off your zte hold down the power buton and teh volume up it wll come up wth options clck clear data/reboot you will follw the steps provided unfortuantlty it will delete all pictures but will fix the sound. All apps will be able to get redownloaded

Jamie Duque will be eternally grateful.