The C7 Chromebook C710 series is Acer's line of low-price netbooks running Google's Chrome OS. The devices are simply constructed needing just one screwdriver to take them apart.

Keyboard With Water Involved- Need Help ASAP

My sister spilt water on my acer chromebook. Now when I type it'll mess up. Like 'h' will bring up a '/' and 2 will take you to the beginning of the sentence. My side arrows aren't working at all and I can't even log in at the moment.

Abygail Hicks, disassemble your computer by using these guides. or check this video. Clean all parts with a soft brush and some high grade 90%+ isopropyl alcohol. After you clean the parts, you can either let them air dry or use an oven at a low temperature (no more than 100deg Celsius for 10-20min). It sounds like you will have accidentally shorted out the keyboard and may have to replace it.

Most Helpful Answer

DO NOT use a hairdryer as it will drive the water deeper. Open the machine and get the keyboard away from the logic board then dry it.

Turn off your Chromebook and disconnect power cord. Keep it facing down (to help water/moisture get out). In addition, you can use a hair dryer to blow at the keyboard, while it faces down. But do not let the hair dryer get too close to the keyboard. For example, keep a distance of 4-6 inches. Typically, 10-15 min is sufficient. Then wait for another 10-15min. Plug back the power cord and turn it on. It should work fine. If not, repeat the procedure 2 - 3 times.

Abygail Hicks will be eternally grateful.