Mic issues after screen replacement

I recently had my front screen replaced on my iPhone 6 and had to have it re-replaced after the first screen had burn in issues.

Since the screen replacement, I've had issues with my front mic - Siri cannot hear me, my voice message feature does not work - audio is very low and jumbled, my speaker phone does not work (people cannot hear me), and some videos I record have jumbled audio also. Also, my camera feature when selected from within n the text app will not open - all I get is a black screen, as if the lens cover is on (for lack of a better description).

This morning, my alarm didn't play sound either. So I'm wondering if there's also a speaker issue now? When I switched the silent toggle off, it worked.

I replaced the screen the same day I upgraded to iOS 8.2. A Google search confirmed some people experiencing some similar things, but not exactly. Could this be the cause?! Or is it likely the hardware change resulted in damage to some connections?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

recently i replace my iphone 5 display, after that i found front camera not working . then the same service engineer resolves the problem, later i found call voice not hear but other people here my voice if using loud speaker/ headsets its working . please some one write me best solution for that. if i gently press the near by front camera area its working later the same problem happend.

I changed my iPhone 6s screen and it rings and vibrates but the phone screen won't turn on. What do I do?

Hey buddy,

I am an iPhone repair tech. The mic for loadspeaker situations like skype, recording video, and speaker phone, is located in the same area as the ear speaker. If your screen has been replaced before on the iPhone 6, it may not have been lined up correctly. It's a very small whole left of the proximity sensor is the screen is faced down. The solution is to make sure the whole is in line, and that the 4 gold contacts on the ear speaker are making contact with the 4 gold contacts on the Front Camera/ear speaker flex cable. If that doesnt work, the flex cable needs replacing. If the sounds going through to the other person is just faint but coming through then it defiantly is just mic whole position.. The flex cable may have been cut or bent to harshly too.

iPhoneDocNYC.com I'll answer any questions..

Thanks so much for the info. Time to either investigate myself or take it back to the repair guys. Not sure who I trust more, myself or them. ;)

I really appreciate your input. I now know what to look for.

San

i have been told that to test if your mic works, try recording a video using your front camera and yes i hear my voice but its not loud, please help

I have similar problem Siri can't hear me, voice quiet in front facing video, although my son uses a talking Tom app and this can hear us as it copies what we say.. I have just had screen replaced but have also upgraded to the latest ios9 and have been reading this could be the problem.

Do I blame the guy that replaced the screen or apple for the latest update?

Martin and Hrous: The solution proposed by Michel Lavache is probably correct for both of you. After replacing my front panel with an iFixit part, I had the same symptoms you had (faint audio in forward facing video, but poor voice recognition), and the issue was a misaligned hole in the speaker screen. The panel came from the factory with the small earpiece mounting gasket misaligned.

Not sure what actually fixed it but decided to take out and put back in the Front Facing Camera and Sensor Cable with mic after reading about a possible misalignment due to screen removal. Wouldn't you know it, now my Siri works again! You sir, Michel Lavache, ROCK!

P.S. My screen replacement was from Apple... Do they know what they're doing?? They left a screw out of my front panel assembly cable bracket!! Another screw was found hanging half way out of my home button bracket, not fully tightened! They really need to step their game up over there, this all could have been avoided.

P.P.S. Just goes to show you. If you want something done right, do it yourself. Thanks again!

all apple BS

The siri mic is broken

There are 3 mics and that one is broken and cannot be fixed

look on line it is a common problem

buy a DIFFERENT model I phone or use a plug in microphone or blue tooth

Michel any chance you could send a few pics or discribe which flex cable might be bad. I too changed my screen and micro phone for Siri dictation and to talk on phone speaker not working. The phone speaker works the person on the other end or Siri can't hear me though?

Michael

I'm wondering if you ever tried contacting iphonedocnyc.com for more answers. It said on the bottom of his message to email him.

Did you end up fixing the mic issue?

I had my screen replaced this morning and later on that night noticed my speakerphone was not working. The other person could not hear me. I also noticed that the voice texting was too. After hours of searching and googling I noticed that the new screen is missing the top mic. It's that small hole right above the ear piece. I'm taking my back to the repair shop tomorrow morning. %#*@ those aftermarket parts

camera / mic & sensor assembly replacement, make sure mesh is clear and clean.

The hole of the mic in some screens is covered with glue, you have to remove it or make a Little hole to get it working again!!!

Check Your Proximity Sensors Connection for sure. Line Up the Gold contacts, also check for any tears.

I have an iPhone 6, when i make normal calls, people hear me very low but when i activate handsfree they hear me well. I take my phone to a Service shop to see what happens and they say they have to change the bottom mic thats include the hole for charger and phone jack. They did the replacement and gives me back the old "flex" with mic+jack+usb but its doing the same.

I record videos, record my voice by dictafone and i hear everything well, i dont know what to do anymore.

What can i do?

SanPerci will be eternally grateful.