phone is not charging

I tried a known good cable and it still didn't charge so I replaced the charging dock with a known good one and it still didn't charge, replaced with known good battery still didn't charge.. waited a little and tried it again and it started working! Any idea what happened? Maybe reseating the cables helped but I doubt it as they would have not shifted inside the phone?

Also, the "bad" dock and battery that I placed in the other phone also started charging.

Sounds like the charging port is the cause. Try a known good one. Good luck.

No I tried a known good one already as I stated and it still wasn't working,then I unplugged everything back in and it started working, also tried the "bad" charging port on the known good phone and that one started charging too.

Did you try a charging port only, or charging port with flex ribbon unit?

I swapped the ribbon,now its not charging again.

Sam will be eternally grateful.