The Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES), or simply the Super Nintendo, is a 16bit gaming console released by Nintendo in 1990. The Super Nintendo was one of the best sellers of its time and still has a large fanbase today.

Every button pauses the game!

Ive tried several controllers on my super nintendo and every game all the buttons pause the game. up, down, left, right, a, b, everything pauses the game. it is the console, how do i fix it?

I have the same exact problem. It can't be that uncommon but I have not found an answer.

Hi, I'm having g the same issue, it's 100% not the controller ports as I've swapped them out with a mates and same issue persists. player 2 is unaffected.

I'm going to look at the motherboard later last I'm running out of ideas, hoping it's something simple like dirty trace or capacitor gone.

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

Your controller port is busted. Check the pins they may be corroded. Try to clean the pins first with rubbing alcohol or compressed air. If that does not work you will need to replace the controller ports and pins.

I tried swapping the controller port as well and it didn’t work. Did anyone find a fix for this yet?

SimonFett will be eternally grateful.