A large smartphone by LG, released in fall 2014. The LG boasts a Quad HD IPS display and a 13-megapixel camera.

Sim Card Slot Contacts Broken, can you fix it?

What's the cost and time frame to replace a SIM Card Holder on a LG G3.

My LG G3 has some corrosion and may be what will not let the Sim card connect properly although all else works.I did clean around with alcohol and a paintbrush and the phone responded and the network service came up but only for a limited time. I would like to try an amateur fix with a little expert advice on cleaning without having to take apart anything else but the casing cause that's as far as I would like to so I don't further damage anything else. Anything of a suggestion Ifixit ? I know the alcohol I should use just need a safe way to give a cleaning of the card insert is what I would like to try or anything else that may help it connect fully/ permanently.

Most Helpful Answer

Well I have the same issue and my warranty will not cover this type of problems. I already ordered replacement SIM tray from Ebay. Still thinking should I replace it myself or give it to technician. It seems complicated and I don't have all the tools.

Finally my phone is fixed. After ordering replacement part from EBay (less than $3). I asked technician to fix it because I don’t have all the tools needed to do it. It took him about 10 min. he was saying there is 20% chance of damaging the phone. If you are not expert don’t do it yourself and risk your phone. Tip: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has the same size SIM card reader as of the G3 you can use it)

If your phone is less than 1 year old from the time yu purchased it, send it to LG for warranty repair. You will need to send a copy of sale receipt.

Lg won't replace it under warranty considered physical damage

Where are you located in?

I'm Located in Fort Morgan Colorado.

Replacing the Sim Tray is simple if you have the correct tools. You will need Aluminum tape, a reflow station, desoldering wick, flux, Solder and a shovel head solder tip. The cost of the sim card tray itself is somewhere between $3 and $10 depending on your parts sourcing.

After he has all that, how do you do it?

I Own A LG G3 D855 too,

One of the Sim Card Connectors is broken, I have fixed it by just bending it so it will stick up and touches the sim card surface....

It has been working for 4 months so far.

Thanks.

https://youtu.be/AWO9bJP1VrI

You can change the reader in this way.

A greeting

That looks like it takes knowledge and skill. I wouldn't mess with it on my own. I'm not good at soldering and that.

misfitdeluxe here at ifixit we try to help you with your knowledge and help you develop skill so you can fix your own stuff. However fixing may not be your thing but you wont know till you try

Buy a new phone cheapscapes

Not everybody had mommy and daddy's Visa Darin. Plus $3 in parts and 20 minutes made me $10,000 on Ebay last year.

Kareem will be eternally grateful.