Is the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C battery compatible for swap?

Im wondering if the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C battery can be swapped between this 2 phones?

My iPhone 5C battery got swollen and i have a spare iPhone 5S battery.

Can it be replaced without giving me an issue?

Most Helpful Answer

Yea they are interchangeable will work with no issues

it doesn't matter that they have different mAh?

No. The batteries with slightly higher capacity are generally very very slightly higher in terms of height but doesn't have an effect on the screen fitting in or any pressure under the screen.

I also found ifixit says that they are not compatible..Based on my electronics knowledge & understanding, it does not effect the operation of the device - not at all. What matter is the supply voltage(which is same 3.8V) and its physical connection(the connector, battery physical size, etc). The 'wHr' & 'mAh' are actually the same thing - it shows the battery's capacity, but in different mathematical unit. Theoretically, if you put 5S battery into 5C, it will last slightly longer.. P/S: i dont compare these two batteries side by side yet, but maybe their physical size are slightly different..5S battery might be SLIGHTLY big(due to its slightly bigger capacity)..

Yeah, I still don't know why they're doing that. Guessing liability, in the off chance that someone could have something bad happen to them. I do it all the time. Nothing happens. Totally works

This video shows a guy fitting the 5s battery in the 5c and turning it on. I'm expecting he'd have said something if the battery was too large to put the screen back on afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dK9bMNk...

I've since put a few 5S batteries in 5Cs, it's all good!

As an experienced iPhone technician I can indeed confirm that yes Iphone 5s (1560mah) fits in and is compatible with an iPhone 5c (1500mah).Also I will confirm that it increases the battery life of an iPhone 5c when you install an iPhone 5s battery into the 5c.Its actually a common practice for me.Its absolutely safe do not worry.In fact I clicked on this topic to clear up this matter as I just swapped another 1560mah battery into a 5c lastnight and I wish I had the time and knew how to upload pictures of battery testing to prove it for those who are so worried about the matter,but instead I will briefly explain a few notes.

The iPhone 5c I acuired recently had a slightly worn battery so I ran a battery test and the results showed that at 221 charge cycles the iPhone 5c was no longer a 1500 mah but was now just 1354 mah thats roughly 10% weaker than a new battery.So I installed a brand new 1560mah (5s) battery and ran a battery test and my battery life in my new 5c was exceptional at 1 charge cycle the new battery was exactly 1560mah! Which is 60mah better than a brand new 5c and 204mah better than the used 5c battery that I just replaced.So yes guys and girls it's perfectly safe to interchange a battery from a 5s to a 5c and vice versa.

Hi Vegeta

What do you use for testing them ?

IOS App found in the app store by the name of Battery Life,after a few charge cycles the app is near perfect in terms of reading the various battery measurements.

We've swapped battery from 5c to 5a and now it won't charge?

5a? What on earth kind of phone is that?

Did you mean 5s or 5g?

Did the phone display anything / worked before the battery swap?

Are 5c OK to go to go into a 5s then even though they are different it won't stuff up the phone cheers

They are interchangeable. I swap them over all the time

I have an older 5S Iphone (64)that was given me and has sat for a few years. And I swapped my 5S Iphone (32) to the (64) and the battery charge on the 64 does not hold a good charge like mine held on the 32???? Do you think swapping the battery from the good 32 to the 64 will improve the charge, and is it compatible?

Thanks so much,

Cheryl

c.raymond2008@yahoo.com

Can l used iPhone 5s battery to replace 5c

Yes. You can

My iPhone 5c is off for some days

Can I put iPhone 5c battery into iPhone 5s?

Robert G will be eternally grateful.