The Nikon Coolpix L810 is an affordable compact digital camera that offers point-and-shoot capabilities, long-range zoom and video. It is part of Nikon’s L-series and was released in early 2012.

How do I fix the lens cap error?

There is a lens cap error asking to remove the lens cap even though the it is already off.

Most Helpful Answer

Here are some possible ways to fix this problem based off of relevant researches,

1) There could be some dirt, sand, or small materials blocking the way for the lens to extend so you would need to take a microfiber cloth and clean as much as possible around the lends barrel. Another way could be to forcibly blow out any obstructions around the lens barrel.

2) Turn the power off remove batteries and wait one minute then replace the batteries with a brand new set, once this is complete turn the camera back on while holding the functions button (the ok button). Should that not work turn camera back off and remove memory card and repeat the process.

3) Plug in the AV (audio/video) cable, the reason so is because this will provide more power for the camera lens to extend and refocus

4) Placing the camera on a hard surface, face the lens towards the ceiling, and hold the shutter button while you press the power button. The idea for this process is to try realigning the lens back into their personal slots.

For more information click here to Refer to the troubleshooting page.

Thanks. That worked for me

Followed the instructions and still got the same result with the message stating remove the cover

How do I fix lens cap error

You have to turn your camera off and take the lens cap off then turn it back on.

This is probably the cause of stability. But it is best to replace the lens.

I had the same problem, so what I did was to tap he side of the camera couple of times and switch on the camera. It might not work first time, but it cleared the error message

Bo Cheng will be eternally grateful.