My iPod shuffle is not starting

My iPod shuffle 1st generation 1GB capacity is not starting, just showing starting on the screen and do not process onward.

What light pattern does the iPod show ?

since resetting isn't more than switching the shuffle off and after 5 seconds on - i won't get deeper into that point. maybe you should restore it with itunes. it's always problematic to tell something on a device that isn't capable of showing anything more than a light pattern. ah and by the way - the colored texts are links, you can click on them

When I found a download, an iPod Reset Utility, my MacBook Pro told me not to open it...that it might contain Malware. Any ideas? The back shows green, but when I press the button on the front, there is no sound. There is a thin rectangular push-in just under the green section, with a battery icon next to it.

I've tried to recharge it overnight on my computer. Nothing. Then using the USB port into an Apple adapter into electricity. Again. Nothing. Ideas?

abid will be eternally grateful.