Released alongside the AirPort Extreme base station, this hard drive equipped variant offers 802.11ac speed on a time capsule NAS.

My apple time capsule has a yellow flashing light

my apple time capsule is not connecting to internet.

i think this can be a easy fix just open the apple utility and follow http://fixingblog.com/airport-time-capsu... see if this helps to fix the issue

Have you tried accessing it using the AirPort Utility program to see what it tell you the problem is?

Here is a listing of the different versions of AirPort Utility program & firmware for the different platforms: AirPort Utility software and firmware downloads

trying this now, looks like a firmware update required, Yep go into Airport utility and then put in password click on the amber light and upgrade firmware, all hunky dory here

Problem....How access AirportUtility Programme?... Schooldays NOT assume anything

Here's the OS-X version: AirPort Utility (OS-X)

Here's the iOS version: AirPort Utility (iOS)

Here's the Windows version: AirPort Utility (Win)

Downloaded and installed new firmware. Reset and restarted 4 times. Nothing. Still blinking. Everything working though.

You have a configuration error. Within the Airport utility it should tell you where the error is and how to fix it.

Most Helpful Answer

You should reset your time capsule and try to connect it once again with router. Make sure your apple airport express is configured properly. Settings should be default and firmware should be updated. Restart your router and try to use it once again . this will help thanks

Have done this...multiple times. No dice

let me be honest on this yellow lights can be many reason but the only reason i think of it internet connection just follow my steps - check the AirPort Utility program and than make sure your getting internet from ISP . i would i also suggest to do a hard reset using the reset key at back of router thanks re-setup it with latest settings . if it doe not work than contact apple or visit apple support http://www.apple.com/in/support/products... and make sure after all the steps and everything just do a power cycle and i am sure that should help you

AirPort Utility 5.2 or later opens automatically if your Wi-Fi base station requires your attention. You may also choose to launch AirPort Utility at any time.
 Do not use any version of AirPort Utility earlier than 5.0.

In Mac OS X, AirPort Utility is located in the Applications > Utilities folder.

In Microsoft Windows, AirPort Utility can be located by clicking Start > All Programs > AirPort.

Note: You may also locate and download the latest Wi-Fi base station firmware and software by clicking here.

In the AirPort Utility window, locate your Wi-Fi base station and double-click on it to open the Summary window. Note: If you have more than one Wi-Fi base station, double-click on the icon for the Wi-Fi base station that has the amber circle next to it.

When the Summary window appears, double-click the amber circle to the right of Wi-Fi base station Status to open the Status window.

The Status window lists any conditions that require your attention. Respond to each item until there are no more items listed.

Important: You must reset the Wi-Fi base station using the reset switch to re-enable checking for the conditions you ignored.

Eliminating the blinking, amber status light may require making changes to a specific setting, or putting a checkmark in the "Ignore" checkbox beside any option you don't wish to change. A checkmark simply tells the AirPort that you are aware of the issue and you have chosen to ignore it. For example, you may wish to leave your AirPort open without a password so that anyone can join your wireless network.

Click Update to apply your changes (the Wi-Fi base station will restart).

After the Wi-Fi base station has restarted, the status light should be green and not blinking. If the status light stays amber in color and blinks after the Wi-Fi base station restarts, you may repeat the steps above

Ran the Airport utility, spotted that a firmware update was pending, clicked ok and green light back again. Simple, many thanks.

i think you should reset your time capsule and try to connect it once again with router .and make sure your apple airport express is configured properly. i think this will help ..

Nothing... The RJ45 ports doesn't return success conections. I tryied softwares like IP Scan and no responses.

I think mine is dead... The 2nd! I can't believe it...

I'll try Linksys or another one brand that has knowledge in networks, because Apple doesn't.

Most likely the unit got zapped by a surge (a Linksys would also fail). Do you have it connected to a surge suppressor as well as the other devices connected by the network wiring?

Yes, I've got a nobrake instaled and I´ve got a Linksys WRT54G almost 10 years that works fine up to now and I´m using it at this moment since I bought it at same condition that I used the Apple TC. Sorry Dan, don´t try to defend those who can not be trusted and shows lack of respect for its consumers, by the way, thanks a lot for your words... unfortunately Apple isn´t the same since Steve has gone.

Have you solve this trouble? I've got a 2Tb that shows same problem... When I power on mine 1st it shows a green flash, so turn to yellow just for 2 seconds and finally flashing yellow :'( I can't connect it, can't locate. It can't start, nothing happens.

I tried everything, reset... hard reset... but nothing...

It 2nd one that shows same problems, I bought mine on November 2014, on January shows this problem, Apple just replaced by a new, but again after 2 months the same problem persists...

Can somebody help me? Very Thanks!!

Can you access it via Ethernet using Apple's AirPort Utility program?

I have the same problem lately yellow flashing light I have tried switching the power off then back on but nothing happens

Same thing here. It does not respond no matter how many ways to reset it I have tried

Ditto for me. Everything seems to be working OK, but nothing gets yellow blinking light to turn green. (Had Comcast set up new modem for porting AT&T phone to Comcast today. Internet--OK. TV---OK. Phone---will call out, but will not receive. Airport tower continues yellow blinking. Have unplugged and replugged multiple times. Have tried Airport Utility, but nothing show needing attention though yellow blinking persists.

I have a 3 Terabyte Apple Time Capsule and it only works properly upside down. If it sits on it's base it says that it is over heating, switches the fan into overdrive and then reboots! Stupid thing isn't even hot! so it sits there waiting for my repair kit to arrive but is still working! Its not doing anything critical just in case but it is a $500 odd cheese off cause is't out of warranty!

I bet you it's dusty inside ;-}

More than likely, I feel that gravity is helping to maintain a connection as this Time Capsule works upside down. I'm not going to strip it down until it fails completely.

find the solution? , I HAPPENS Himself , fans They run a full strength

Time to clean things inside.

Does anyone know if the IP provider causes the issue? I have the same problem, my TC was working fine, then one day the blinking amber light, lost the connection, reset TC twice, unplugged the Comcast xfinity router/modem (triple play, phone, tv, internet) and did it all over again and nothing, just that stupid amber light mocking me! Just wondering if it is a comcast issue causing problems because Comcast sucks!

Sure, they could, resetting the unit and/or accessing the unit with the AirPort utility via the ethernet connection should tell you if if was your provider or the units config is bad or lastly, the unit has a hardware problem.

Having the same problem withy TC. I can connect directly to my computer with Ethernet cable so it's not Comcast. I also can wifi connect to the TC to run Time Machine and my wireless printer.

I tried to run Airport Utility but get messages that I need a newer version. I'm running 5.6.1 and that's supposed to be correct for OS 10.6.8. What do I do now?

Thanks,

Phil

If your TC is able to offer connections locally Ethernet to Ethernet, WiFi to Ethernet. Then you know the basic hardware is good! Your issue is most likely the TCP/IP settings within the TC that need to be fixed. The TC is both a Bridge & a Router. You have only proven the Hub & Bridging functions are working. But the upstream connection to your Internet provider can't connect (Router). Most of the time this is a DHCP & DNS setting that needs to be fixed which you'll need to run the AirPort utility to fix.

Here's the OS-X version: Airport Utility 6.3.1, here's the iOS version: Airport Utility 1.3.4.

I had a similar flashing yellow. Went to do the update and it quite saying there was an error. Now I have now WiFi. I can't seem to get it reconnected. I went to the network and typed in my password. Doesn't work. If I changed my password or am entering it incorrectly, there isn't a rest password option.

Did you try the reset switch? Here's an image to help you in locating it: It's the round hole to the right of the power cord connector with the arrow in it.

That will zero everything back to factory settings.

frederickglaser will be eternally grateful.