Repair information for computer keyboards.

How to repair charging port?

When I last went to plug in my micro USB charger into my Zagg universal Bluetooth keyboard, the charging port was pushed further back into the keyboard. How do I take it apart to repair this device? There are no visible screws anywhere.

Most Helpful Answer

Not sure if this will help but here it goes. The connection was very loose and cable would fall out. The port was not loose, just seated far back. I took a file and filed down the cable plastic on the connector so it angled properly in relation to the case and port. Problem solved.

Bought a new keyboard after mi puts roba

I just took mine apart. Use a heat gun to soften the adhesive, and slowly remove the rubber, then the case will seprate. The mirco USB connector is weak, and I have had several fail already. this part would otherwise be easy to replace, as it clips on, but Zagg will not sell the part. I may try to bypass the port, and charge directly to the battery...

Lucas will be eternally grateful.