My microphone is not working?

Okay so my microphone is not working, but during calls it works, and when I record using the back camera it works, but with front facing camera on SnapChat for example it doesn't work. Please help this is too frustrating. Doesn't work on Siri either haha.

Most Helpful Answer

Go to Settings>Privacy>Microphone, and enable Microphone (from white to green) for Viber and Snapchat.

Let me know if this fixes your issues.

I can't use my microphone to do anything--not even voice text. I don't see this as an option under settings.

If you can talk with phone to your ear, but not in hands-free mode, you may have a defective front mic (it is located under the mesh of the screen where the ear speaker is located too).

It can be because the mesh is clogged, but the mic options would be available under settings.

It could be that the mic or flat cable carrying it under the screen is unseated or damaged. For example following a screen replacement.

It could be software related, though less likely.

Telling us the history (when/following what incident did it stop working?) and previous repair attempts (if any) can help us narrow it down a bit.

I actually can talk with the phone to my ear or hands-free. It seems the microphone is just not working for voice text or notes, inputting address for directions, etc. and with Siri. It literally worked one day and not the next. I had not repaired my phone (ever), nor had I downloaded anything or updated anything that I recall. I did not drop the phone when this occured. The only thing I can think of is that it is possible it was splashed slightly with water--not immersed or even extremely wet.

Manoli will be eternally grateful.