Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

power button shorts out phone

iPhone 4s was stuck in recovery mode, eventually got it out of recovery, but was then in 10x boot loop. I unplugged the screen to see if it was a faulty replacement screen. still recognized in iTunes, but still boot loop. tried to hold volume up. still wouldn't boot. I unplugge the Lock Button connector and the phone successfully restored and started. if I plug the lock button in while the phone is on, I can use it for 1.5 seconds, the phone will shut off. it will then continue to TRY to reboot. does anyone have any idea why this would happen? it is NOT water damaged.

It's usually water damage. Even so slightly. I suggest replacing the flex. This should solve it. When you take out the flex inspect it I can almost guarantee there's some corrosion on it

Cheeseman93 will be eternally grateful.