The ultraportable Latitude E6230 laptop delivers business-class control and high-level productivity in a thin, lightweight design.

Laptop freezes after waking from hibernation or sleep?

for the past few days, when i wake up my computer from sleep and hibernation mode it'll freeze and the only way tp get it to work is to hold the power button.

just for your information, i recently updated some drivers but i will try to delete the new power management driver and go back to the old one

Edit: i cannot roll down battery driver for some reason

Brothers , just go to

1. "Device Manager"

2. "Storage controllers"

3 . Right click on "O2Micro Integrated MMC/SD controller" and disable this driver.

Your Welcome!

Thanks alot brother (Y)

I was having the same issues with my Dell latitude 5420... But with the steps above I was able to stop it... Thanks Alot...

me too, same issue with Latitude E6430 and the above steps solve it. Thank u very much

Wow...Thank U Thank U it worked for me

Most Helpful Answer

It's one of the card readers, just disabling it fixed the issue for me

what is the card reader?

thanks much bro... you made my day and I have solved the problem which bothered me almost two months ..I changed the window almost thrice times but the problem still existed till today i got ur help...thanks much...

Same issue here (caused by the Dell O2 card reader driver A04).

Edit: the A02 revision of the above driver causes the same issue.

This issue occurs in Windows 7, 8, and 10.

I fixed it by uninstalling the Dell O2 card reader driver Rev A04 and then installing the Lenovo equivalent driver from here:

http://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/download...

This covers Dell Models

E5530

E6430

E6530

And probably any other Dell laptops with the O2 card reader driver.

This is indeed an O2 Micro driver problem. Delete it from Device Manager. It will ask if you want to delete drivers, and say yes. Rescan for hardware change, and let Windows 10 install default SD card reader drivers. This will allow you to still use the SD card reader and put the laptop to sleep without issues.

I was having the similar difficulties with my Dell Latitude E6320 , however, with the steps mentioned above I could able to stop it.

I have followed the following steps:

1. "Device Manager"

2. "Storage controllers"

Thanks alot...

V_S will be eternally grateful.