Repair and disassembly guides for Kenmore Microwaves.

What does SE error code means?

My microwave is beeping intermittently and then error code SE appears , then no buttons work after that unless you open the door and clear it.

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Some say it is a SE is a sensor error. Others, a Key short error.

The SE error code indicates that you have a stuck key on the control keypad or a failed electronic control board. A technician will need to diagnose and repair this type of failure. Microwaves are inherently dangerous to service. Internal high voltage components can retain a lethal electrical charge even when the microwave is completely unplugged. A microwave shielding test must be performed on the unit to detect any possible radiation leakage following any internal component repair. These are the reasons that I recommend having a technician service the microwave.

Can you correct if it’s a moisture issue? I have something cooking and all of a sudden the microwave (over the stove) beeped twice and showed the SE code

How do u open the door and clear it?

My microwave did that but also showed SE one-two-three-four intermittently ,it was evidently a loose connection on the touchpad ribbon to the board. Remember You must push the ribbon firmly into the connector before closing the clamp.

It is necesary to disassamble the keypad. One way to fix it is placing a shim to force this metal ribbon against the metal groung cover and it will be solved permanently.

Umm microwaves don’t use radiation to cook food!! They use “microwaves” absolutely no radiation other than standard electro magnetic radiation which is emitted by every single electronic product everywhere!!

Mayer knows squat.Theres absolutely no radiation from a microwave and his words are copied(plajorized )from anothr site!!!!

Ruby will be eternally grateful.