iPhone 4

Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Upgrading flash memory card on iPhone4

Can I switch the 32g flash card that came on my iPhone4 to upgrade to a lets say 128g.

!#$* that memory %@*& cause apple know better although there making the most it of any cell phone company. Androids are stepping the game up with there new firmware. Here an idea why not download the iPhone firm ware onto the android. Instead of waisting bill money, when you could put pretty much how much memory you want in a android. Think fir a second. You will have to upgrade you iPhone any way cause they will stop sending upgrades after a good while and there's goes mire bill money. Sad huh it makes no scents. And look at the economy now. And plus I love my experia play by Sony. Check it out.

by Michael jenkins

So the only way to upgrade is to change from 16G to 32G. == Update == I mean change the whole phone. Hihihi.

by Vincent Lim

So I can't upgrade my phone memory? s**t!!! Yea right I'm going to buy a new phone

by maria

Short answer: no, you cannot.

Most Helpful Answer

and here comes the long answer ;-)

the iPhone 4 has no "flash card" memory - the flash module is soldered to the logicboard.

apple never used memory cards on their iPod/iPhone line (ok, the hdd of the iPod mini could be replaced by a cf card (up to 128gb - but thats only because they used a microdrive in the mini)

and thats why you can't change the "flash card" - the iPhone simply has no such thing (and if you want to change the soldered flash - it's maybe possible, if the part is pin compatible and another thing would be the software - 128gb is not that much, even the old iPod mini supports it, but none knows if apple has integrated something like that in the iPhone firmware)

was that long enough??

@Dom and Carl:

There are no interchangeable "flash drives" that can be swapped between the devices. The flash memory chips are soldered into the logic board. I'm assuming you haven't even gone as far as disassembling the two, or else you would have noted this. With that in mind, don't even think about soldering/desoldering ANYTHING within the iPod or iPhone.

Also, guess why you can't do this: in this way Apple can sell 32GB models $110 more than the 16GB one.

i have an iphone4 16gb, the space isnt enough for me, i was given a 32 gb iphone 4 for spares and repairs, could i not swap the flash drives between the two?

You can swap the logic boards, but you cannot swap just the flash memory. Hope that helps.

by Matt Barnes

can i change the memory of my iphone4 16g to 32g

escobedonet, read the excellent answer by markus weiher. Sorry, it is not possible to change the memory.

by oldturkey03

Why don't you just use the 32g phone?

Sandy LIBERATO will be eternally grateful.