What can cause a blank black screen on iPhone 5S?

I am trying to repair an iPhone 5S. I have tested its LCD, and it is working perfectly. I connected the phone to a laptop, and iTunes just responds correctly as if it is a normal iPhone, displaying its information, contents in memory, etc. But there is nothing on the iPhone screen. I wonder if there is anything other than the logic board that can cause zero video output to the LCD.

Most Helpful Answer

Press and hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button simultaneously for at least 10 seconds. The screen will clear out and then the Apple Logo will appear on the black background. When the logo appears it means that the reset is done.

well done! thanks!

Do you have the old screen to test the phone with? If so try that and if that displays correctly then it's the screen it self

Try to reseat the connector if everything works

And do a hard reset.. Holding power button and home button

I have four different working screens to test with and none is showing anything. I also tried using a working logic board from another phone, and nothing shows up on the screen either.

Just done a full re-assembly and problem solved. still not sure about what went wrong though.

This makes no sense at all screens work but not with 5c change logic board and still don't work now they don't?? Confused

I have same problem however, i cannot turn off phone. I can use voice commands but nothing screen related. this after i dropped my phone and ended up with vertical lines turning into eventual purple screen. I tried reseating connectors. now have black screen. Any suggestions?

i too have the same problem and I have tried every steps but nothing has worked. please help me out

Why wont it let you turn it on when the I tunes logo pops up?

jjackzhn will be eternally grateful.