Camera not working after drop

Hi there,

I have a customer that dropped his two week old iPhone 6. Screen was broken but housing is still mint because of a good case.

I had ordered a new screen assembly and a new rear camera. Repair went perfectly, it's not my first iPhone 6. But when I powered it up, the camera problem was still the same;

camera app opens up but shows only black image. It is however possible to turn to the front camera.

The flash light isn't working either, that was also the case with iPhone 5 that had faulty cameras.

Any advice? I might advise him to take his phone to the store for warranty. The repair was done without fingerprints and such so they won't notice.

Kind regards,

Renaat

i also have this same issue. Any luck fixing it?

It's probably the rear camera IC chip needing to be replaced if you already tried replacing the rear camera. I had it done for me once so I know it's possible.

How much will it be to get it replaced?

Depends on where you take it to. Probably $60-$80.

Drop it again it worked for me

You idiot what if it breaks. Dwn the screen breaks

hope this guide will help you https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203040

My brother's Iphone 6 + was dropped on the ground and the front of the screen cracked, and now his backfacing camera wont work at all.

the phone wont even switch to the back camera.

Anyone have any idea why?

You believe or not but for the first time when i dropped my phone the camera din't worked util few days after i accidentally dropped it again then i switched on. Unbelievably the camera started to work again

RenaatS will be eternally grateful.