Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

Camera not working after drop

Hi there,

I have a customer that dropped his two week old iPhone 6. Screen was broken but housing is still mint because of a good case.

I had ordered a new screen assembly and a new rear camera. Repair went perfectly, it's not my first iPhone 6. But when I powered it up, the camera problem was still the same;

camera app opens up but shows only black image. It is however possible to turn to the front camera.

The flash light isn't working either, that was also the case with iPhone 5 that had faulty cameras.

Any advice? I might advise him to take his phone to the store for warranty. The repair was done without fingerprints and such so they won't notice.

Kind regards,

Renaat

i also have this same issue. Any luck fixing it?

It's probably the rear camera IC chip needing to be replaced if you already tried replacing the rear camera. I had it done for me once so I know it's possible.

How much will it be to get it replaced?

Depends on where you take it to. Probably $60-$80.

hope this guide will help you https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203040

I used the link above ‘support’ & switching phone on & off worked!

Thank you :)

After seeing a suggestion to turn phone in and off, instead I refreshed my phone by holding the on/off button and the home button at the same time(like a screenshot).

Hold them both down till the screen goes black. Wait about 8 seconds before turning it on.

The camera worked instantly and so did the flashlight!!

Drop it again it worked for me

You idiot what if it breaks. Dwn the screen breaks

Haha that's funny

My brother's Iphone 6 + was dropped on the ground and the front of the screen cracked, and now his backfacing camera wont work at all.

the phone wont even switch to the back camera.

Anyone have any idea why?

You believe or not but for the first time when i dropped my phone the camera din't worked util few days after i accidentally dropped it again then i switched on. Unbelievably the camera started to work again

RenaatS will be eternally grateful.