Model A1419 / Late 2012 / 2.9 & 3.2 GHz Core i5 or 3.4 GHz Core i7 Processor, ID iMac13,2

Late 2012 Glass Cracked

I have a late 2012 27" iMac 2.9 ghz seems i cracked the glass while moving doesn't really affect the display in view things but some of the cracks are noticeable and so forth, is it possible to replace JUST the glass and not the glass/lcd combo?

I found http://www.amazon.com/Intel-iMac-Front-G...

and i'm guessing need the sucker things, and thats it?

Great information - BUT - Amazingly, no one here has given a clue where to find a replacement. This glass screen, not being an official Apple part is, so far, impossible to find. So, for those that have succeeded in removing just the glass, where did you find a replacement?

Ouch! Sadly this series uses a bonded cover glass so you can't replace it and the P/N you do have is for the '09 series and won't fit your system.

• The part you need is: Display Panel, LCD 661-7169

The best price I could find is around $650 US used.

Hi

Im having issues with my mac 2012 as well. (a1419) I have bought a lcd/glass front, but might not need it. Didn't cost as much as this though. If i don't need id be willing to sell it on, but it will be posting thats the killer. Only an offer, and sorry not sure if i will need myself yet.....hoping a friendly expert will answer my question and then maybe i don't need mine .....lets see (oh and its new not used)

I need the glass replacement..Do you still have it?

I, too, need the glass replacement as my iMac 27" (2012) has a crack in the glass front. The LCD is fine. Do you still have the part? My email address is mrsandersclass@gmail.com.

And, if your screen is not available, where did you order yours? How much did it cost? Thanks for the info!

I know that by this time most of you probably figured out the correct answer but Dan is correct you can't replace just the glass. You can probably manage to remove the front glass without damaging the screen, but where can you find a glass to bond it back together with the good LCD. I wish they sold this glass somewhere, but I have checked everywhere with no luck. If someone knows where to find it, please forward the information.

lol marked as spam, trying to link to the aliexpress part i found. thanks to dan for part number. you can find the part number on aliexpress. %#*@ they're so ridiculously expensive.

in case anybody else is going to sink some money to repair their imac 13,2; my hinge is also broken and apparently covered by apple or authorized repair shop: gotta give 'em some credit for that, nice. https://www.macworld.com/article/3145797...

It is possible to replace the just the front glass, it is however very hard to find without the led display attached. The guy Dan who replied is an idiot.

Score -1

Regarding that model, Dan is in fact correct.

Somebody here is definitely an idiot. BTW, it's not Dan.

The only real idiocy here is: If the part is removable, and Apple does not list it as a separate part, where did those of you who, by implication, have successfully removed just the glass, found a replacement - glass only?

When you yell idiot and then look in the mirror. That moment right there, is the moments where you are offered an opportunity to change your way of being and smarter in life. You take the correct road by accepting your mistake. I am speaking out of experience, it happened to me but I was like 8 years old.

scooter will be eternally grateful.