Camera - front/rear works in video but freezes in photo mode

Hello guys,

Recently i've encountered an issue possibly related to cameras on iPhone 5s 16GB - iOS 8.1. The problem is while entering photo mode (4:3 or any other) the camera app freezes (still can switch between video/photo modes but nothing on display) and requires restart using multitasking geastures.

I was expecting this to be camera issues front or rear, but how is it possible that when i enter video mode and switch between cameras - front/rear it works flawlessly?

Why is just photo mode not working, but video does?

I've heard theory about damaged pins on logic board for front or rear camera, is it possible? If this is the case, why is the video mode still working?

Did anyone of you encounter similar issue and can help me out?

Anyone? Am I alone with such issue?

I have is problem too

Is there any way to fix it ?

I had the same problem with my iPhone 5 32GB.

I supposed it was something hardware related, but hard resetting and upgrading the software solved me the problem (iOS 8.3 => iOS 8.4).

Not sure if it could be solved only restoring the phone to the previous version installed.

I am also facing this issue with my iPhone 6 plus. Back camera is showing blank screen in photo mode but while switching between video mode, it works well. Also front camera is working well. Any Idea?

This issue is facing after restoring my phone to current iOs 10.2. Any idea guys?

Mark will be eternally grateful.