The third generation of the Samsung Galaxy Note phablet series released September 25, 2013. Identifiable by the model number N9005.

note 3 turns off by itself

my note 3 sm-n900 turns off by itself frequently , (4-5 times a day) and does not power on unless i remove the battery and replace it back, tried another battery but the same problem persists, looks like a loose contact or something like that, it usually happens in my jeans pockets , any help would be highly appreciated, thank you !

i have a problem with my note 3 if i turn it on ,after few seconds it just turns itself off and I`ve tried to hard reset it but it is not giving me time to run the operation because it just turn off for just few seconds the it turns itself off

and during that short time whilst it is on it gets to be hot at a position where the memory card and sim are inserted

Most Helpful Answer

Sounds like a possible loose connection somewhere . Best bet is to open it up and check all connectors and re tighten the screws. I have seen this issue on IPhone 4s before and it was a short because of a bad power cable.It might also be some sort of software issue maybe try restoring.

Well I have also had this problem on my note 3 and good luck to you I have a fix for you all you got to do it take your memory card out and it works like new I think this is a problem maybe the memory card gets defective somehow but I just replaced mine and it works just fine I hope this fixed your problem

Did you start getting a pull down about the SD card being removed even if it wasn't?

I could not turn off the phone even remove the battery. I googled and found this comment. I removed a memory card .... then miracle happened! Not it is working again! Thank you just me.

I would bet that this is a power button repair. Most of the time this happens as the solder becomes unstable where the power button is soldered to the logic board.

Here is an image of a power button repair

Here is a link to our power button repair video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXqPqAsf...

If it is the problem of power button , how the phone become power on again after remove the battery and put it back ??

sir,

since last few days i am observing that as soon as i am keeping my cell in my jeans pocket it gets automatically off and then if i try to restart it,it won't

then i need to take out the battery and again put in it amd them restart it..sometimes it restarted at the forst time but sometimes it wont and i need to do this 5-6 times and if it gets restarted and then i put back cover then it again went out and cell then again automatically goes off..and now this problem is increasing

may i knw d reason nd solution of ds problem plz

The same thing is happening to me....

Hey there, I tried this solution as I also experienced the same issue you are describing. The movement of being in your pocket can cause the battery terminals to become glazed, try using a pin or emery board etc, to scratch away the gunk that builds on the terminals, like in this video, it seems to have resolved the problem for me. Hope it helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rm0L_eh...

No it went off once without coming back again

Had same problem when first got my Note 3 and 2 extra batteries. After a long search found the solution. If you give a tap on the top of the phone and it turns off its the battery. I put a thin pice of plastic and glued it on the bottom of the battery and that did it. You can use a business card cut it to size.

I have the same problem as described, but usually my phone turns off when doing some processor intensive task like snapchat filters, pokemon go list browsing etc, It doesnt turns on until I remove the battery but it turns on if you put the phone in charging.

I have also noticed that If the phone is charging this issue doesn't happen.

Strange issue, I still havent got any solution for this.

Yep you discredit it perfectly I have the same problem in my note 3 I think it's a problem in the phone from where it's made mine is vietnam

I have found the solution to my issue, it was due to a faulty battery, it was my 2nd battery just 5 months old causing the issue, I bought it from samsung store so I had 6 months warranty, and got it replaced immediately.

The issue is solved now

The issue is solved now

Sachin, this describes the issue I'm having exactly. What custom ROMs have you used over the past year?

No... I do not use any custom ROM, stock ROM since the beginning

1 is That It Has Dust In Your Phone Powebutton ect.

2 There Might Be Too Many Apps Or Vides, Photos

I have the same issue with my note 3. But sometimes when I turn my on, a rainbow of colors comes up like a glitch and it won't turn on. My screen is fine and I have had it taken in and of course it wouldn't do it then. But it only started happening after the update that came out in early to mid January of this year. I was convinced it was either the phone or the update.

I changed the battery and the problem is gone. A bad charger caused battery failure

My note 3 turned off by itself and i have not been able to switch it on for 3 days now. When I charge it, it doesn't display anything or bring out charging information but after a while the rear camera place begins to get hot.

P. S: switching off by itself has always happened before but it comes right back up after I remove the battery and put it back.

Done that now but nothing is working. I've even tried removing my sim and memory card

The Galaxy Note 3 welcome page doesn't even show

sameer will be eternally grateful.