Nintendo's upgraded version of the Nintendo 3DS. It features bigger screens, longer battery life, and a better design.

How do I fix my black top screen on a 3ds xl?

My 3ds xl's top screen is completely black when I turn it on-botton screen works fine. No damage to screen known, just unresponsive. I noticed theres a slight crack to the casing by the right trigger- not sure if that was there before. Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks!

Hi Natalie you have come to the right place I actually have the same exact issue with the casing but not with the lcd screen. That being said the repairs are going to be tied in your going to be following the same steps to replace the casing mostly but I will give you the video and you can find the parts and tools your going to need to on the lcd screen replacement guide here Nintendo 3DS XL Upper LCD Display Replacement now I actually recommend you get the phillips #00 instead of the triple so you don't strip out screws. The casing is actually going to require pliers to as but that all though for the added tools. The other thing I recommend is the heavy duty spudger to but it's optional. Now with all that said here is the video on how to replace the full casing. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dVn_m_OIHU... I only found used casings but they are high quality nothing is wrong with them and here are the casings you can choose from even though the red casing is the only one in stock right now it will still workNintendo 3DS XL Mid-Frame and Digitizer Assembly I do recommend wearing disposable gloves so you don't get the natural oil from our fingers on the motherboard because it can damage it.

Nintendo 3DS XL Mid-Frame and Digitizer Assembly Image

Natalie will be eternally grateful.