The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

Broken Screen, Can't slide the slider to turn it off

I have this iPhone 5c to repair, but before I start, I want to turn it off. When I hold down the power button, I get the slider—but the screen is so badly damaged that I can't slide it. Is there any way to force shut down an iPhone? Thanks in advance!

I can slide my phone when call incoming, but I cannot slide for my home, power of and anything. Can you help me? *iPhone 4S

My screen broke and it dosent let me swip or anything , only siri takes me to places but when i try to swip it wont let me . Can you please help me ? IPod touch 6

Hold down the power and home button simultaneously.

No, it's not a reset.

Like I said, press the home button to activate the screen to show light, then hold the power and home button until the screen turns off. As soon as screen light turns off, let go of all buttons immediately. Your device will now be off.

THANK YOU SO MUCH I've been stressing about this for maybe 2 hours and I thought this was a rest but it wasn't. Thank you so much!!

I mean reset not rest whoops

Oh thank you thank you thank you! My screen went unresponsive and I wanted to restart but I realised you have to slide the thingy to turn it off usually!

thank you so much

Total lifesaver! My alarm has been going off all day and it was driving me nuts!!

Hello light up the screen then hold power and home button together til the screen shuts off then let go of the button immediately.

The device will now be turned off

So you mean that I should put the device into reset mode then catch it in restart limbo and disconnect the battery when the power is off. Nice idea!

What I usually do, in an instance like that, because I'm already going inside the phone anyways. I just remove the battery cover plate, and disconnect the battery

iPhone 5c Battery Replacement

Since there's two people asking two questions that are pretty much the same. Here's the i6 manual

iPhone 6 Battery Replacement

iPhone 5c Battery Image

Guide

iPhone 5c Battery Replacement

Difficulty: Moderate15 - 45 dakikalar

iPhone 6 Battery Image

Guide

iPhone 6 Battery Replacement

Difficulty: Moderate15 - 45 мин.

I support this decision

Hold the home and power button at the same time until the screen turns black.'but when it does, don't continue to hold the buttons or else the device will reset

after that ? what should i do

it keeps turning on

ok i know this is an old thread but since this issue happened to me just today and i found a better way to actually turn off the %#*@ thing, and it's better because you don't have to mess around with the hardware like open the phone or anything like that. so i thought i'd share with the whole wide world.

first off, like one user said, if the darn screen is black, it's kinda hard to gauge whether or not you let go of the button fast enough to avoid a reset. so how to avoid said reset and still manage to turn off this POS?

simple:

1- open iTunes on your computer

2- connect phone to computer

3- wait for iTunes to recognize phone is connected

4- backup freakin' POS phone

5- follow above mentioned turn-off procedures, namely hold down HOME and on/off button AND here PAY ATTENTION:

--> the phone will disappear from iTunes device list

therefore, AS SOON AS the iphone disappears from the iTunes device list, release both phone buttons--you have now turned off your phone without accidentally resetting it.

as for me, Apple !#^&@@ me off so much, i am done with them and my next phone will be a Nexus or HTC Android device.

it worked for the iphone 6!! thanks so much!!

I have a black screen. The phone was accidently dropped for only 2 seconds into a half-cup of water last night. To even have half a chance of saving it, it should be turned off and put in rice or perhaps silica. I thought the phone was off (hard to tell when the screen is BLACK). Put it in a zip lock bag full of silica gel paks. Pulled it out a few minutes ago and it was horribly hot. SO the power / home button thing is useless, obviously. How can you tell if it's powered off or if it's not?

Again, I don't WANT it to reset. I want it off. All responses I've seen are trying to reset and turn the phone back on. I think the OP (and myself) want to be able to turn it off.

It's probably ruined now anyway, since it never powered off. :-(

Put it in white dry rice for a day or 2 then it should work

I too have the same problem as you - everyone on this thread keeps saying to hold the power and home screen button...until it turns black. IT IS ALREADY BLACK and only black because the water damaged the screen functions currently. I need to be able to power it off, but unfortunately cannot proceed with that option because when on it is already black. What can i do!?

Just like what they said, hold the power and home screen button, until it turns black, Then it will reset.

Hold down your power button and your home button until you see the Apple logo. Then it should come back on. Hope this helps!

hold the power button on the top or side and the home button simultaneously your screen will turn black.

don't hold on for too long because it will reset your phone

there is a simple solution to this one! when repairing a phone in which the screen is destroyed,

1st) open the phone as if the screen were off and you were preparing to take off the lcd/screen

2nd) rather than taking off the screen, first remove the battery connector from the logic board.

as long as there is no power getting to the lcd, the screen repair can be done. Also, sometimes if the battery percentage is low before the repair and you have to unplug the battery, it will take a while (i've had upwards of 45minutes) to turn back on once the repair is complete.

How do I turn the screen of the lg phone if the screen does not work awser plz

my Iphone's screen was badly damage so, tried everything like people are saying above i coudlnt now i am trying itune method problem is that i dont have account on itune and icloud but stilll i am trying to way out.

hold the power off button and the home button, until screen goes black then release or will restart the phone

I dropped my phone and ALREADY have a black screen. I held the home button and power button (and then did the trick with having iTunes up), my iTunes never shut off.. which illustrates that my phone never shut off. No idea what to friggin do or how to turn this stupid phone off. Alarm keeps going off.

Lucas Melanson will be eternally grateful.