Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

MacBook beeping 3 times

My Macbook Pro 13in will turn on, loads automatically spotify then iphoto and it freezes and beeps three times.

I need to restore my iphone and my itunes has that data. I did not use icloud.

What can I do to fix it?

Thanks,

Christian

adaptor plug then automatic on coming beeps3times. repeating 3 beep no display

what can do pls answer

Last week I had a similar іѕѕuе, my macbook Pro could not start and it would just beep three times.

Finally I managed tо fix this after getting help from Apple Mac support

Follow the steps here: http://bit.ly/MacPro3Beeps

It should solve the issue

Goodluck

Careful about going to that link. They wanted to saddle me with a 200 dollar a year "security networking service" and were really pushy about getting my credit card number. Kinda sketchy.

Anyway, I figured out my issue because my battery didn't have enough charge when I turned it on. Plugged it in, waited a few minutes, restarted, works fine now.

3 beeps means a bad or lose RAM chip. If you recently dropped the machine you may have knocked it loose.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

Thanks Machead3. Dropped my MB Pro and it produced the 3 beep code. Removed the back, removed both RAM cards and re-inserted/re-seated. Bingo, fired right back up.

i check RAM remove add another ram.coming same problem

what mean banks. mack book pro coming bank?

may be short mother board

Thanks originalmachead.. Cleaned RAM and now my MacBook is ready...

Worked! Had to do it twice. They're might have been some micro-corrosion on the connectors.

I agree with Machead3. Here is iFixit's article on replacing MacBook Pro RAM:Article. This is for the early 2011 model, but it should be very similar for any non-retina MacBook Pro. If your Mac is not an early 2011 model, iFixit should have an article for any model.

It was still beeping after I put new ram in it

For MacBook Pro 2015 A1502 model the RAM is soldered to the logic board. What is my option when this MacBook is beeping 3 times continuously and not turning on. Please help.

I am now a new member, excellent guide.

My thanks to Christian - very well authored.

If you tried new RAM and/or reseating it you may need a new logic board. Alternatively maybe just one slot is damaged. You maybe able to get more life out of it by just keeping one stick of RAM in if it works.

I tried physically reseating my RAM and that worked for a while, but the problems reappeared and the frequency increased. At first, the 3 beeps would sound if I moved my laptop to another room, but soon, I only had to look at it wrong and then I’d get lines across the screen, everything would freeze, then my laptop would shut down. If I tried to restart it, yes, that’s right: 3 BEEPS!

This is REALLY a pain because a laptop is supposed to be portable.

I was just considering the necessity of purchasing a new laptop that I currently cannot afford AT ALL, when I came across this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLZhClQ_...

It is in Italian, but what the tech does is pretty clearly demonstrated, and someone in the comments section explains it in detail.

Basically, you insert something non-conductive underneath the bottom RAM slot, and that stabilizes the RAM so that the laptop stops this lines, freeze, shut-down, 3 beeps thing.

Do yourself a favor and watch this video! I followed the instructions yesterday and my laptop is back to its old, reliable self.

Oh, and apparently this seems to be a problem frequently experienced by owners of 2012 13-inch Macbook Pros (my model exactly).

Yes, I did have the same problem and i resolved adjusting the Memory Ram

Same problem my macbook could not start and beeps three times. i removed both Rams and put them back there and Voila it starts and no more beeps

After I checked on the ram the sound did not stop so I had to disconnect the internal battery and reconnect it. that worked for me.

I removed and replaced them a few times, both worked on their own in the top slot but if one was in the bottom it did not work. no signs of corrosion so not sure what is going on with the bottom slot

christian will be eternally grateful.