The HTC One (codenamed M7) is HTC's 2013 flagship smartphone. It features a seamlessly designed unibody aluminum frame, large dual front-facing speakers, and a 4.7-inch 1080p display.

How can I fix the purple-tinted camera on my HTC One M7?

My HTC One M7 has the purple tint camera issue. HTC wouldn't repair it (long story), so is there a way to fix it myself? I don't think replacing just the lens would do anything. I think it's a heat related issue. Would adding thermal paste to the heat plate help it?

i don't know from where i should start, so plz anyone can help me

Guys...I have the same problem. I Own a HTC for a long time...I am really disapointed...and I dont buy it any more . This câmera of m7 si a bullshit.

I stopped buying HTC phones. I had two that let me down, the HTC Evo and HTC 0ne. I had the purple camera problem. I went over to Samsung, even though the HTC had more features.

I've been trying to get this m7 fix for two years. They are rude ppl. I know us talking is hurting sells. Shifflett@hotmail.com

I have this problem with my HTC one as well if the camera is not red it is purple cant use it at all very dissappointed as I have a new baby and cant take any pictures with it

Most Helpful Answer

I have a HTC ONE m7. It has the same problem. HTC should fix the problem for free, but they did not do it. It looks like they save a lot of money, but it is the most stupid decision. Now, every time I take a picture with HTC ONE, it remind me, HTC product has bad quality and bad service. Don't buy HTC product anymore. Also, every time when I talk about cell phone with others. I always told my experience with them. I believe I am not going to buy angthing from HTC.

Well sure it's a design flaw, it's a hardware issue and they did offer to fix it for free, that is if you were under a certain time period of when you purchased it. They mainly did it a few months after it came out and the issue was noticed, now they charge because the phone's been out for so long and out of it's warranty.

Actually they are fixing it even if they aren't under warranty. I would call them again. Manufacturer's defects are not a warranty issue. That's what recalls are for.

I didn't even have to argue with them. I asked how much it would cost and they said I'd have to pay shipping and any other repairs on the phone that might be needed because they fix all or nothing.

I didn't have to pay shipping either. It was out for 6 days from sending it off to receiving it and no more purple camera! I'm so glad because I love this phone.

I love the Phone to, but this Company ... I don't know. I was writing a lot of E-Mails for nothing... Love all of my HTC Phones but I HATE the Company and the customer care.

I have experienced the same problem and brush off from HTC online and on the phone. I have emailed them these questions.

1) When did you identify that this was a problem?

2)What steps did you take to discover how widespread this problem is?

3) When did you identify it as a hardware problem?

4) What steps have you taken to fix this problem?

5) Why did you not do a recall of the faulty products...e.g. basic manufacturing standard.

6) Why do you not offer replacement/repair...even when out of warranty? This would conform to good manufacturing, industry and customer service standard.

7) Is it therefore your policy not to notify people of a common fault that affects particular phones (assuming you did research to identify it?

8) Is it therefore (if you did not identify which phones were affected and why) your policy to continue to sell products with a known hardware fault?

I agree. Bought the M8 & gave my son the M7.

I need to get HTC to fix the camera issue for free.... Anyone know how I can hold HTC responsible for their design or hardware flaw??!

I contacted HTC support about the purple photo haze issue on my One M7 via online chat support today (7/7/2015). The support person first asked me to force stop the camera, clear camera cache and take a photo with a 3rd party app to verify that it was not a software issue. After that, they initiated a ticket to replace my phone and asked me for some information to complete the request. They sent me an email with further instructions. I will be sending my phone in and getting a replacement soon.

Be aware that HTC does not return the repaired phone to you. They will sent a new phone with the same specs. My phone was unlocked so they will also unlock for no cost after I get the replacement phone. Also, you must pay for shipping to HTC and they will pay for shipping back.

Doug, did HTC tell you directly that they would be replacing the phone, or is that simply what you've heard? I too am getting mine fixed, but they were telling me that any other problems with the phone could generate a servicing fee or that they might not be able to "do a partial repair" which indicates that they were at least considering fixing it instead of replacing it.

HTC support specifically told me that my phone would be replaced. I also received an email that seemed to contradict this message slightly.

Message from chat session (1/2):

Once received, the defective device will go through a diagnostic process. If there are any damages that fall outside the limited warranty, even if they are unrelated to your reported issue, we will contact you via the email address you have provided with a quotation for the repair costs. You will have the opportunity to review the quotation. However, because you will have already received a replacement device, the repair costs on your defective device are non-negotiable and will be automatically charged to the credit card you provided upon repair creation. The repaired device will not be returned to you. If damages are found after diagnosis from the repair facility but you have not used your one-time Uh-Oh Protection, HTC will not charge you for any repair costs but will exercise the Uh Oh Protection Program on your behalf.

Message from chat session (2/2):

This means that you will no longer be eligible to take Advantage of the Uh Oh Protection Program for your device replacement nor receive the $100 rebate. As I stated, we will send you an email with the repair ticket number and all the necessary shipping information as well as a full copy of our Terms & Conditions. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam or junk folders before contacting us to have the email resent. Included with the email is a link to the HTC repair tracking website. You will need to access the site to agree to the terms as well as to provide your credit card authorization. If you do not accept the terms and provide credit card authorization within 10 calendar days we will assume you no longer wish to proceed with the order and will close the ticket.

Message from the HTC repair order email:

You will be responsible for shipping the defective device inbound, and can use any courier you choose – we recommend obtaining shipment insurance and a tracking reference number if possible. HTC will pay for the return shipping to the address you have provided. Before packaging the defective device, please remove any accessories such as your SD card, battery, back cover, SIM tray, etc. Please package the phone securely in an appropriately sized shipping box, and make sure that the device Serial Number is visible. You may have received device information stickers in the original box, and if so, please affix one of these to the device. You will also need to write your repair ticket number on the package, to help our Repair Center verify the device is yours. The repair ticket number, as well as the shipping address for our Repair Center and these shipping instructions will be emailed to you after the repair order is created.

Thank you everyone! I called HTC and they will fix my camera out of warranty too. Thank you all!

How do I go about contacting them to get this fixed?

Dawn: Try calling HTC or initiating a live chat with an agent. They should issue you a ticket number. If your phone is in warranty then it won't be any trouble at all (apart from not having a phone for 10 days). If your phone is out of warranty, they will fix it for you but they will quote you $90. If this happens, just call/live chat them back or reach out to HTC over facebook with your ticket number and they'll fix it out of warranty for you.

Depending on who you talk to, you might not even have to be assertive (I had to be). I'm currently waiting for my phone to come back via UPS.

1. Restart your phone.

2. Force to stop the camera app, clear cache and data.

3. Uninstall the new app you download recently if you have, because it may affect the camera app.

4. Try a factory reset. Don't forget to back up.

5. Update or root it.

6. Replace with a new camera.

That's the thing, it isn't a software issue, it's a hardware issue. It's a chip within the phone that overheats and causes the purple haze to appear in the viewfinder of the phone, so replacing that chip fixes it, it's just I don't know if you can buy that specific chip to replace on your own.

thank you , after having changed the camera lens this did work.

Sophia provides a good point with the hardware vs. software issue. If it is a software issue, make sure your phone is completely updated because there have been reports of people updating their HTC One and it removed the "Purple Haze".

If it comes down to a hardware problem, this phone is not worth the time to get to the camera. On tear down, unless experienced, you are more likely to break something than to fix your problem. Try everything stated by Sophia and then check for updates. If nothing works, your not alone. This has been one of the worst camera problems ever in Androids.

I know she provided good tips, but I knew beforehand it was a hardware issue and where HTC did roll out an update, which I think was for Android 4.3, but it didn't fix it at all. I decided to leave it alone and just deal with it until my contract is up, but it takes photos fine outdoors, it's just the purple issue is in low light conditions. HTC isn't great at all in repairing it either, this is a manufacturer defect and they have to repair it for free (if you're under warranty) but they'll fight you till you give out to avoid fixing it for free and make you pay some ridiculous fee.

I'm having the same issue with the purple haze in low light. The front facing camera has no issue. I agree with you and HTC should fix it for free or we start a class action suit

I have had two HTC phones, the Evo and the One. Had problems with both including the purple screen problem. In fact, worse than that my One died losing me lots of photos. My answer to the problem now is to never get another HTC phone. I don't trust them!

Same, I had the EVO 4G LTE for my last phone, and man was I disappointed. Absolutely horrible battery life and now this. I've had my HTC One for nearly two years now and I can't wait to get rid of it. Definitely not buying another HTC phone again.

I actually called HTC to find out how much they would charge to fix it or see if they could refer me to a repair place. Mine is out of warranty I bought it used actually. My experience was different than others (maybe due to complaints?). They will fix the camera for free. However there is damage to the body of the phone so I will be charged for that. I'm not sure how much at this time.

I called last night, as the issue just began to occur for me. They are fixing it for free, all I have to do is ship it there.

Hey guys hi I got the same issue ... Any one knows why that happened and how to fix.. Thank you if that possible in home please rply me r else ...

I have HTC 1 m8 and my camera got pink I don't know please tell me

Hello did you still have this item for sale and what is the price Am Olivia you can get back to my email Below (olivia_slim@hotmail.com)

I had the same issue with my M7 so I sent it back to HTC. I got an email saying it was going to cost me $90 for them to fix it. I called and talked to a phone rep. Before I even started to argue he said HTC was covering the repair cost because they were aware of the problem. I'm waiting to receive the phone. I'll let you know if it works.

Andrew,

I am having the same issue and am very interested in how this works out for you. I will wait to hear your result before I take the same approach. So looking forward to your update thanks.

I just got my M7 back today and even though I've let it warm up a bit, there is no more purple haze! And HTC didn't charge me a dime.

Was your phone still under warranty? Mine is now out of warranty, but since this is a manufacturer defect, they should fix it regardless I think.

Mine is out of warranty. Are they going to fix it fro free?

Yes mine was out of warranty. My warranty ended in August.

I had Wireless Wave (where I had bough it) send it back to HTC for repair and they replaced the motherboard. No charge. Was just under a year so it was under warrantee.

Just called. HTC agrees to take the phone back. If it is not caused by users, they will still fix it for free.

Hi, did they say how long it would take to fix the phone if you did send it to them?

Hi Jojo: It has been there for 10 days. Last night the status updated from in repair to pending and I was quoted for labor of $90. Contacted HTC facebook page immediately (thanks to MonicaB). This morning, the pending quote was gone and the phone is in repair again. I do not know if this means they will work on it for free. Will keep posted.

I would say I will expect my phone in at least another week. Painful...

Update: my phone is fixed for free and being shipped back. From shipping to return it took two weeks of time.

Again thanks to MonicaB, leave your ticket number on HTC facebook page if you get quoted for $90 labor fee to fix the purple cam! They will waive it.

You're welcome! I'm glad I could help :)

guys i live in india..

n my phone is out of 1yr warranty..

will they fix it for free ???

Same Problem with my M7,Purple cam lol really purple. Heats up. Takes forever to charge. From Bangalore, India

Colour on everything has faded and had purple tinge on top of page

My phone is HTC one801n

but it's camera can't take a good photo in the places which little light

what can I do ?

Need help please ..

Initially I did not have the purple tinge problem. Somehow it came with Android 4.4.2 kitkat update. I did some research on the internet and found, that the image sensor is getting heated up as the camera remains on, even when switched off. So I went to the dealer here in Germany where I bought this phone from. Thank God it was in warranty. No questions asked, they just repaired it for free. They replaced the image sensor which had got damaged. No it has been a year and I don't have any purple tinge.

The phone is good, if you don't care much about the camera. But if you are going to use the camera extensively, then I suggest avoid HTC phones. All have some purple tinge problem. See it for yourself in camera samples taken by people at GSMarena in the indepth review sections for phones like M8, M9, Desire Eye, just to name a few.

how can i fix may htc one m7 camera pink issu?

My phone camera have problem

I can't take a good photo in the places which little light

it's a very bad camera

HTC phone are really good phones but there is a probleme with the camera

How i fix my camera its show me purple..please you can help me

How i fix my camera its show me purple please can you help me?

You call HTC and they fix it for you for free. Otherwise you don't fix it.

My HTC One M7 has the purple tint camera issue, HTC wouldn't repair it (long story) so is there a way to fix it myself? I don't think replacing just the lens would do anything, I think it's a heat related issue? or can somebody help me please

I have the same problem so I emailed HTC (Romania as my HTC was bought from there) and they don't want to fix it for free, I have to pay for the fix as my guarantee has expired.

Jason, and the rest, what HTC support country have you called and they fixed it for free?

Thanks.

либо розовый либо зелёный шум в фотографиях htc one m 7!!! к сожалению баг с греющейся камерой исправить не возможно,не хотелось бы вас огорчать!термопаста под камерой даёт при нагреве на дисплее светлое пятно ,замена модуля камеры не даёт ни каких результатов. тайваньская компания выпустила на рынок просто бракованную модель при этом не соглашаясь с этим!

I have an almost new HTC M7 , bought from China, the camera image suddenly goes unsteady and vibrates and/or wobbles. Same problem with movie image. Not a software problem - tried every re-set /third-party software trick but no joy. Cant send it back to china as not allowed to post li-polymer batteries to China. looks like I'll have to replace camera unit ( about £40). HTC wont fix it cos it was registered in US and , according to serial number, out of warranty in May. Beware buying from China!!!!!! Beware HTC customer (lack of) service!!!

Any ideas?

Mike

Contacted support - they went through what everyone else went through above (clear cache, defaults, etc). They offered to let me ship the phone to them for repair. Not an option for me since I need a phone for the month. Going to buy a new phone.

When I try to chat with the HTC help line contact it always say my browser is not supported,

Can someone tell me which of the browser is supported, because I have the same issue with my phone and I need to fix the screen also.

Use th FireFox browser from Mozilla.

http://www.firefox.com

I have the same pink screen issue also, and I called HTC. They are very helpful, and told me they will fix it for free. My phone is two and half year old, out of warranty. They also sent me the shipping label. I love my HTC One M7, the phone is pretty, well built, and the sound is unbeatable. This is my 4th HTC phone.

I din't its happen.please fix my phone

my phone is rear camara is low pink issues pleas help me fix it my phone

My phone has one month left on the warranty but it has a hairline crack in the screen which they said voids the warranty. They said if I send it in I will have to pay for the screen repair. I repeated several times that I the screen works fine and the issue is the camera. It was pointless, they won't fix just the camera.

I am very disappointed. I don't understand why they cannot just guarantee the part they replace - the camera, rather than insisting on fixing things that are not a problem. Nothing else is like that, i.e when I take my car to the garage to fix a tyre they do not say we can't do that without replacing the dent in the door etc...

Anyway, I am waiting for a call back from their 'escalation's team' I won't hold my breath....

I also have the same purple problem. I have the same problem as many of the other posts, I can't do without my phone while its getting repaired. It looks like HTC isn't as cooperative as they could be so I suggest we all tell them that our next phone will NOT be a HTC product. Many phone plans will have "deals" with a new phone so do research and pick the best one for you. I'm going to.

please resolve pink camara issue

please resolve issue my M7 pink camra

I'm getting a purple screen on the camera

I have my HTC how do i fix the back camera its is not good pink

Htc great I have same problem on my HTC one m7 I ought this 2 year ago. I chat with htc they r going to fix camera for free and they already send me shipping label. No questing ask great service thanks htc

My camera isn't working any more and I don't know why can some one help me?

HTC UK doesn't provide repair or replacement out of warranty like our US friends posted above...

They simply shut me down on any attempt to get a manufacturer's default repaired.

Me too! Will certainly not be buying another HTC device in the future.

My camera isn't working

it will not be repaired..if you go to customer care they will charge 3000rs replace camera and your issue fixed.

I too had this problem since last 1.5 years.. somewhere I read online that you can get rid of it by placing your cellphone in freezer for sometime and it will get rid of the pink/purple issue of camera. So I did it.

WHat to do-

1.) I placed my cellphone HTC One(M7) in my freezer nicely wrapped in a small towel

2.) changed my refrigerator setting to the coolest...

3.) kept it in there for almost 20 minutes

4.) Took it out.... and no more Pinkish pics.......

Not sure if its permanent solution as I have tried it today only.... but as of now I am happy to see my camera work as good as new.... NO FAULTS WHATSOEVER.

How can I ask for repair HTC?What I wanna know is how to connect them?Thank you

Yes i have this problm on my mbl .. how can i repair ?

I can fix the problem of purpe camera, if You wanna help write me message: pietro151@gmail.com :)

If both front and rear camera are having issue's on the HTC One M7 will they fix under this recall?

I had same problem with the m7. I bought m8. Tmobile replaced my m8 5 times from charging port not working to phone crashing when they did software update. I gave up and bought Samsung note5. Best phone I've ever had. HTC lost the most loyal customer they ever had.

I've just contacted HTC live chat support to get the purple tint camera issue repaired on my M7, they offered to cover everything (including a prepaid label) immediately after some troubleshooting mainly consisting of clearing caches, defaults and data. Total time spent was about 15 minutes, chat was helpful and answered all the questions I had. I did have to specify a couple times that I have the HTC dev edition purchased directly from them though.

Edit: My M7 was purchased in 2013 about 34 months ago. It is definitely out of the 2 year warranty.

My htc m7 pink tink problm solve & prfct working am abdate my m7 to 5.02

If you go to the HTC One settings in the camera (serrated wheel) Go to Image adjustments and reduce the Saturation setting by clicking on the - sign. You will see the purple cast fade out. Have a go!!

An alternative is to use the back (selfie) camera for low light pics. Awkward I know!!

My HTC camera is pink colour how can I solve it

Can i fix it to my HTC one m7

Outside camera is not good

When came taking photos it is not clean

Just throw your phone out the window and buy a iPhone 7

Boi just buy a iPhone seven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACrte1k...

I have the same problem

how to unlock AE AF

it would be helpful if you answer

Guys.pls do need full.from last 2 days my front cam icon is not displaying and not able to open it, whereas back cam working perfectly .To solve my issue I gone through all processes like reset,restart ND system update no use at all.So is there any solution.

WhisperKick will be eternally grateful.