The Motorola Moto G, model XT1064, is the 2014 successor to the Moto G, equipped with a 5-inch 720p display and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor. It is Motorola's attempt at making an affordable smartphone.

Why is my phone not charging?

had phone for 6 months and it will not take a charge and have use the charger it came with

This is a chronic problem with Moto cell phone. There is a compatibility issue with zAndroid and hardware. Carry on doing on and off with the charger plugged on. At one stage the screen will go blank for about 20 secs then automatically will start checking the android software

This process takes around 5minutes and the phone will restart and hopefully start charging normally. This has worked with my Moto G and last few days It is charging fine.

hello sir my moto g2 xt1068 mobile battery is full but not turn on and not the disply on boot cmd whats are problem this mobile

SAME WITH ME..PLZ HELP

suddenly its gets off n now its not charging and no display...when i put my phn on charging nothing is displaying....its black screen ryt now plzzzzz helppp....thanx

Same with me, last night it stopped working, what Do i do,. Its been only 6 months since i purchased it

My power plug in Jack does not work right. I believe it is a defect in the design and will be seeking reparations from Motorola. Perhaps iFixIt people know what piece needs to be repaired and what it can be better repaired with. Somebody tried to cut corners and now we are suffering. It probably saved them 10 cents a phone and we get all the headache! Your thoughts...

It is charging...just hold the volume down button and power button at the same time for about a minute. Then release, scroll down with the volume button to recovery. When recovery is highlighted press volume up to select. It should turn on. Usually happens with the Moto g and the boost max.

I was having the same problem mentioned above, and it zipped right back on. Thanks.

worked as a charm. Thanks bunch!

i have held my buttons down for 5 minutes at a time .The screen stays black and i get a ping ping and the alarm goes off it vibrates so their must be power ?? it

will not light the screen so i cannot reboot it or go to recovery and then get it up and working any ideas ???

why did it happen in the first instance that you go to recovery, please can someone explain? by the way, it worked for me as well :)

Thank you for the solution it worked

only 2 choices: 100%

1st choice:

• just plug in the charger and charge your mobile for about 30min.
  • now press power button and volume down button simultaneously for about 3min

* now you will get fast boot option.

• press volume down to scroll to option 'normal power up' and press volume up button to select that option ( u will also see that battery condition is ok!)
  • all set! your mobile will turn on.

2nd choice:

• remove your back cover
  • remove all 14 screws
  • remove the battery connection to the mother board
  • leave the device for 5 min because , all the charge stored before switch off in device will discharge.
  • now connect your wall socket charger and plug it to mobile without connecting battery, you will find mobile turned on
  • now connect the battery while the mobile is being charged by wall charger.
  • put all the screws.
  • be happy

both did not work for me :( :(

phone goes into boot loop as soon as i plugged cable

Can u help??

I tried it the second and first both failed. \in the second option the notification light comes on nothing elss

thanx a lot ..finally it worked..thank u.

My mobile MotoG is also getting frequently this problem since a fortnight..whats the reason..how will i get rid of this...why is it occuring so often.. Some time if I charge, the power gets down instead of up..some time it never gets on at all..I'm quite sick of it...can anyone guide me pls?

boot mode. (Hold the power and volume down button for about 20 seconds) worked for me

There are three things you need to try:

1. change the charge cable and charger.

2. Check if the battery is well.

3. If the charge cable and battery are well, you should make sure if the charging port flex is well.

I've just had this problem fixed for free. The charging port was full of crap!

My air duster didn't fix it, it needed prodding and poking with proper tools - you would not believe the amount of crud that came out!.

100% working again!

Same problem occurred with me( Moto X Play).

My phone was not charging, it was stuck in some percentage and was not increasing or neither decreasing while plugged in to charger. But when i put it into recovery mode, it charges. But that was not the solution to the problem.

So, i have tried factory reset.

but problem was not solved.

i googled for the solution, but couldn't find the right solution. And i was stressed (I have a girlfriend, and living in very distance relationship, for me a smartphone is very important).

And was thinking of buying a new phone but not the Motorola, but couldn't afford at the time.

At the same time, i thought of repairing it by myself, by fixing the battery properly.

Without thinking about voiding the warranty and Motorola support, i unbolt every screw of the phone. and finally , finally, finally i made it by removing the battery and fixing it again(charger was plugged while removing the battery and fixing, and phone switched off while removing).

And now my phone is charging properly.

Hope I have helped every person concern to this same problem.

Thank you

I don't know how relevant this is but hopefully it will help someone. I had problems with the moto g not charging when I let the battery get fully drained.It turned out the smart charger wasn't recognising the device and not putting any power to it. Try using a less smart charger - my cheap car one worked & it charged fine. Then it worked fine on my expensive charger thereafter so long as I don't let it run empty. I didn't have to start booting into recovery mode or anything just a normal power up once it had some charge.

For some yet unknown reason, all chargers will charge my wifes phone but not mine. It shows a charging symbol but in battery properties it states not charging. So the phone recognizes the charger. Final solution.....plugged into USB of computer and it charges.

I have connected the charging cable to a USB on a laptop. Leave it for about 15-20 minutes, then hopefully the percentage will start to grow (1%, 2% ...). After that continue charging the phone with a normal charger from the grid. You should be able to start it after that. Hope this works for some of you.

I am using a different charger but everyday it use to get charge

@raibikash Hi, your moto g2 is hard bricked now and wont boot up until you get your motherboard either repair(Flashing Bootloader and other initial programs through Flash box like jtag or sigmakey) or replaced. i want to share something, i have a moto g2 in same condition as yours, i replaced its battery but finally get to know that it gone hard bricked. so my phones battery was ok but the motherboard having the problem. so i sucked up... wasted my time and money in trying to fix it. it just a paper weight unless i replace its motherboard.

just a piece of advice, if you still want to repair your device then bring it to service center technician.

Try hard reset

That worked with me

I just changed the charger,going to a shop.. he tried various chargers.. one sony charger started charging .. I tried every possible trick mentioned here from updating the software,rebooting and what not... But finally the charger change did the trick

my phone is moto g2 ,my phone problem in not charging ,not turan on my phone ,battery is inbuilt

मैंने मैन्युअल बैटरी चेक किया है थोडा भी वोल्टेज शो नहीं कर रहा बल्कि कंतुनिटी आ रहा है !! Model No. Moto G 2nd Gen

Ashok Ghose, I don't know who you are or if you even follow this post now but i want to thank you for your suggestion in comment posted on 15.02.2016. I followed it and my phone started , the other problem which i had was related to hardware issue with charging port and i saw a youtube video to clean the usb port and adjust it to fit the charger and even that worked. Really happy to get my moto g back to working condition with all the data intact.

anthony hurst will be eternally grateful.