The HTC One (codenamed M7) is HTC's 2013 flagship smartphone. It features a seamlessly designed unibody aluminum frame, large dual front-facing speakers, and a 4.7-inch 1080p display.

Why is my phone's sound not working?

My phone has stopped playing any type of sound that would normally play. I have made sure the volume is up with my volume controls.

does it ring when receiving calls?

My phone isn't working I tried to turn up all my volumes and see if it works .... And NOTHING !!

my phone is not working(dead),what can ido?

On my HTC One Remix, my sound did exactly what yours did, but i realized when i turn it off for two days, then decrypt it, it somehow works again, but not long after it does the same thing again. someone please explain how i can fix it.

I have the same problem except on my tablet it used to only work with headphones but now it has no sound whatsoever!!!!!! I need help.

Your phone sounds could not be working because of something simple, or your phone needing a repair. First, check to see if your sound is up. Phones have multiple volumes for different things so be sure to turn up the right one or just turn up all of them to see which one is for what. Second, make sure sound is suppose to be playing. A lot of times, the phone will stop the sound if it needs time to buffer or if the app does not want to work. Give it time and try something else that you know plays sound like a ringtone. Third, if neither of those are right, then your speaker may be blown. Check out our troubleshooting page at HTC One M7 Troubleshooting for more help on your speaker being blown.

I was listening to music and tgen all of a sudden in the middle of a song the sound stoped and it hasent worked since

I was listening to music on YouTube and all the sudden my phone stopped working

I tried every possible thing and nothing

Does steam affect your speaker

Hola.my phone fell in coco puffs

If sound is not working of your phone so may be your phone speaker could be damage.

My phone is doing the same but I don't think something is wrong with the speakers because I am not even able to play anything with sound.... It either doesn't play or shows something went wrong if I try opening a video...... Also no other sounds are working like Touch sounds... Msg... Calls... When I try calling someone using wifi it shows make sure you have an internet connection even when I am connected to the Internet

when i go into camera and test my sound and my friend speaks i can hardly hear meh friend

Hi uzmasyed55 - I am facing the same issue on my HTC M9. Did you find any solution to your's?

if you put your phone into boot loader (look up on youtube if you don't know) and go down to recovery mode using the volume up and the volume down buttons and hit the power button on it your phone should be in a black screen for 5 - 10 seconds then an android will a red charge or red battery will pop up (don't worry that doesn't mean you have low battery) hold down the power button and the volume up, after that you should into another different screen scroll down using the volume down button and hit the power button on wipe cache partition (don't worry it does not break your phone or do anything bad all it does is stores temporary system data it's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly if you don't believe me you can google it "what does wipe cache partition mean?" after you do that it should pop up with the same screen as last time and it should say reboot system now all you do is press the power button and it should reboot your phone and after test if it works if not do it again if still not working please feel free to ask me for more help (i did copy and paste what wiping cache partition mean because i forgot it at the time.

AJ,

I've owned an HTC One M7 in the past. There are 2 things that kept going bad on it.

a) the camera turns purple

b) the headphone jack breaks in stupid ways

Check your FM RADIO app or download the Next RADIO App.

If you launch it, and it doesn't ask you to plug in a headphone (to use as the antenna), then that is your problem. The headphone jack is engineered to fail, and it may think you have something plugged in so there is no sound on real speakers.

A workaround to your frustration (albeit a horrible one) would be to switch to bluetooth altogether.

Disable some tmob bloat,all live wallpapers,amazon,dropbox for HTC sense.no issue since.HTC one sense.all sound back to norm

12/22/15 cross my fingers lol

I could n't get a useful solution my problem is the sound in Lenovo tab got stopped even though I turned up the sound I couldn't get any result if u have any solution u Could please suggest

My utube sound is not working

I am waiting g solution

Give me some solution f my problem

It just happened to me right now, what do I do? Help!

Why is my phone not making sounds

AJ Skiles will be eternally grateful.