Starbucks Barista

An easy to use home Espresso machine created by Saeco and rebranded for Starbucks. This machine is excellent for every day espresso drinkers and has an excellent build and product life.

No water from steam wand

The steam wand doesn't let out any water for priming or steam. I've soaked the wand in vinegar over night but it still doesn't allow steam or water out. Any ideas?

Most Helpful Answer

I believe that the tip of that nozzle will come off with a small crescent wrench- perhaps you could see if something is stuck in the tip or the rest of the wand?

Here's the teardown guide, if it helps.

Is your pump running at all? If you can't get water from the brew head either then the wand probably isn't your problem. If it is working then try fishing around in the wand with a paper clip, vinegar alone usually isn't enough to break up milk solids.

I have a problem where water comes out the brew head instead of the steam wand when I turn the knob, not sure why. Jus got it from a friend who never used it.

Sounds like you've got some blockage in either the steam valve or wand and the water is taking the path of least resistance. I'd first try running a small piece of wire up the steam wand to see if it's plugged, otherwise you're probably going to have to do some disassembly.

by Henry H

I have a DeLonghi steam mop that at one time stopped emitting steam. Though the manual didn't specify it, I tried distilled water instead of tap water.

Two years later, it is still going gangbusters, as long as I use distilled H2O.

Chris F will be eternally grateful.