The Logitech K750 Keyboard is a wireless keyboard that uses solar cells to keep a small battery charged in order to provide its power. It connects to a Logitech Unifying Receiver.

To replace battery on keyboard

When I opened the battery, why does the battery read DO NOT REPLACE BATTERY

I can't even get that far with it. My battery door only slides out a few mm and sticks. The rest of the keyboard has no screws, just 2 metal bars under the sticker...

A danish proverb says: "Never use violence - take a bigger hammer!". To open the battery lid I took a screwwdriver that exactly fit in the slice and pulled till it opened. No violence - just raw force.

NEW BATTERY EASY!!

Spoke to Logitech, well chatted on the web. Having problems with my K750 K.B. not working, not responding, odd results when solar app run & random keys working/not working.

Keyboard just out of warranty, they couldn't make any suggestions to cure the problem or repair it. Oh they don't have a repair facility (No Really!!).

Seeing how easy battery replacement I decided it was worth a try. 2 new batteries on Ebay from China only £5.25. Arrived in 5 days, taking old one out easier than I thought.

New one in, 2 hours charge & it works like a dream.

Like to hear a joke about the saga?

Sticker on old battery, conceals the information says DO NOT REPLACE BATTERY.

How dare they, beyond belief! Suppose we throw out a perfectly good £70 keyboard for the sake of a couple of quid? Not Likely!!

This and a whole lot more typed without any problem whatsoever on the K750 since the new (cheap) battery.

Shame on you Logitech!!

Most Helpful Answer

There's a guide for handling this, which notes that it is:

a) difficult to remove, and

b) an ML2032 (not CR2032), which is rechargeable. Guide to Logitech K750 Keyboard Battery Replacement

I would surmise that their tech support has had bad experiences with people replacing the battery with the non-rechargeable battery (which could, theoretically, explode, given that it's a lithium cell).

Dak

From what I understand, the problem is that if you put in the wrong kind of battery there is a fire hazaard, so then it becomes a liability issue for Logitech. So the fault really isn't Logitech it's our litigious society. That being said, to be treated like an idiot unable to replace a battery with the correct type does appear to be an insult. After all, we were smart enough to buy the keyboard, but not smart enough to replace a battery. Hmmmm.

It's not about litigiousness, there's a real risk. There's a lot of energy in lithium batteries, and although the ml-2032 looks the same as the more common and cheap cr-2032, it's harder to find and there's a real risk.

How did you get the battery door out. It only comes out a little bit and then stops

As I've stated above, just pull it out. You have to use quite some force but it will come out eventually without breaking

Letty will be eternally grateful.